Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Victoria Derbyshire kept saying our audience is a fair representation of the electorate. :lolol:

The very latest polls give the Tories and UKIP combined the best part of 50% of the nation.

Even the BBC have admitted many a time that those selected or applying for these programmes lie about their voting intentions.

But these programmes aren't influential anyway. In a gathering of political scientists on Radio 4 last week, they universally agreed that those tuning into these programmes or leadership debates, have already made up their minds and the outcome is simply that those intentions reinforced.

Tories have been caught twice recently going on Question Time without revealing they were Tory Councillors

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If this happens, then how will May's position be tenable? She only called the election to get a bigger majority, and if this backfires - surely she couldn't continue as Prime Minister as she would have lost all her credibility; much like Cameron and the referendum vote??

She's not letting go of power, if she has a majority of one she will take that.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
New Survation poll (embargoed until midnight but accidentally leaked by a journo):

CON: 43% (-) LAB: 37% (+3) LDEM: 8% (-) UKIP: 4% (-) (26-27 May)

May and Corbyn up against an audience and Paxman tonight (8.30, Channel 4/Sky News) - should be interesting. Corbyn goes first having won a coin toss.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They. Do. Not. Know. How. You. Voted.

It is very simple. If you once gave a canvasser a clear impression that you were going to vote for (say) UKIP and by 9.30 on election evening hadn't shown up at the polling station then the local UKIP machine might send a car round to give you a lift to the station, hoping that you might vote as you intimated. There is nothing more to it than that.

It is very simple my vote is private, i do not tell canvassers my intentions, apart from the recent local elections i have never been visited by canvassers anyway.The closest i have been asked how i vote is coming out of the polling station, but even then they get mind your own beeswax.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
commentry on the leaked draft indicated they were going to have a redline on this, i.e. if they couldnt retain current access to the single market, they'd call it off. its been diluted, but this point is still there in principle. this make negotiations redundant as the EU just hold out awaiting the capitulation and continuation of UK membership (which they desperatly need to balance the budget, as proven with the amount of money they want to try and extract).
Exactly. And on worse conditions - fully signed up to Schengen, open borders, compulsory join up to the Euro, no opt-outs, no rebates, and a commitment to progress towards a united states of Europe. Sad, because I'm all for Labour rather than the Tories - but right now they're just a risk we dare not take.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Exactly. And on worse conditions - fully signed up to Schengen, open borders, compulsory join up to the Euro, no opt-outs, no rebates, and a commitment to progress towards a united states of Europe. Sad, because I'm all for Labour rather than the Tories - but right now they're just a risk we dare not take.

Well, that's just 100% made up nonsense. You should get a job writing for the S*n.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It is very simple my vote is private, i do not tell canvassers my intentions, apart from the recent local elections i have never been visited by canvassers anyway.The closest i have been asked how i vote is coming out of the polling station, but even then they get mind your own beeswax.

Got something to hide? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, that's just 100% made up nonsense. You should get a job writing for the S*n.
You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Still pining for a second referendum are we? Your views remind me of those of some of the less intelligent and politically aware remainers. The brighter ones have come round - albeit reluctantly, which is far enough - to the real-politik of Brexit.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I guess the comments about the penalties for wanting to rejoin the EU are speculative but there are serious doubts about the ability and commitment of the Labour Brexit team to see the job through. The only way to guarantee Brexit is to vote Tory.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Still pining for a second referendum are we? Your views remind me of those of some of the less intelligent and politically aware remainers. The brighter ones have come round - albeit reluctantly, which is far enough - to the real-politik of Brexit.

I do like that you stick with the Right wing party line and make sure that you insult people when you have nothing to actually add to a conversation. Well done for that.

No, I've resigned myself to the disaster that will be Brexit, but just hoping that we have a competent captain at the helm to steer us through it. Which is unlikely, but whoever is in charge it will be a disaster, but May has shown herself to be an entirely incompetent leader so far and the Conservatives have failed to hit any of their self made economic promises, so overall I'd trust Labour much more than the Tories.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Tory party supporters have been given briefing notes for tonight:

779cc711-3e72-4019-9178-b54f3182e0c4.jpg

Nothing positive to say then - just negative campaigning. In light of recent polls, there's a clear switch back to the tactic of attacking Jeremy Corbyn (as we have also seen in the press in recent days). Bit of Lib Dem / SNP scare tactics thrown in for measure (talking a potential coalition with the SNP was a big Tory tactic during the 2015 GE).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

View attachment 85841

Nothing positive to say then - just negative campaigning. In light of recent polls, there's a clear switch back to the tactic of attacking Jeremy Corbyn. Bit of Lib Dem / SNP scare tactics thrown in for measure (the latter of which was a big talking point during the 2015 GE.

Labours response

Mrs May must answer these six questions today:

1. Will she confirm that ten million pensioners will lose their winter fuel payments if the Conservatives are re-elected? And if not ten million, how many will it be?

2. At what level will the cap be set on social care costs that those with conditions such as dementia will have to pay under Conservative plans?

3. Will Theresa May match Labour’s pledge not to raise personal National Insurance contributions, and not to raise income tax for 95 per cent of taxpayers?

4. Will the Conservatives confirm they are planning another five years of austerity for public services, as the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS) stated last week?

5. The Conservatives have warned they will scrap free school meals for 5-7 year olds if they are re-elected. Will they now spell out a realistic costing for their school breakfast proposal now they have withdrawn their discredited 6.8p figure?

6. Will Theresa May confirm she is proposing not a single penny of extra funding for the NHS, as the IFS has stated?

Theresa May has a track record of breaking her promises, flip-flopping and going back on her word.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
You're actually claiming a correlation between how one voted in the referendum, and intelligence? Lol

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You need your brain testing if you believe anything that May says

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

View attachment 85841

Nothing positive to say then - just negative campaigning. In light of recent polls, there's a clear switch back to the tactic of attacking Jeremy Corbyn (as we have also seen in the press in recent days). Bit of Lib Dem / SNP scare tactics thrown in for measure (talking a potential coalition with the SNP was a big Tory tactic during the 2015 GE).

Should they win, the Tories will win an election by repeating accusatory lies towards the opposition rather than having any decent policies of their own. Question to anyone: As a Tory are you proud of that? Are you proud of yourself voting for their election campaign? I wouldn't be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 85841

You need to look at the polls again. Bozza published them all for us yesterday morning. The Tories are still the same % across the 5 new polls as an average as they were five weeks ago. If you listen carefully to politics corrspondents, they are not saying the Tory vote has crumbled; instead that the gap has closed. In essense Labour are taking Green/UKIP/LibDem votes ... who I assume will be annihilated.

A polarisation between left and right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here