Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The "General Election 2015 up all night" thread

Whatever your political persuasion, it is guaranteed to be a fascinating night and I, for one, can't wait.

Who else is planning on an all-nighter?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The key results come in too late. I only stay awake long enough to see the Sunderland result, which tells us nothing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will probably do what I normally do....plan to ignore it and go to sleep, but end up staying up for 'just one more seat' to be announced.........until about 3am.......

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Not this time.

I always have in the past but this time it seems pointless, as nothing will be resolved until all the NI seats are in at about 11am the following day and the horse trading begins.

I might get up early to watch Clegg lose his seat though.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not this time.

I always have in the past but this time it seems pointless, as nothing will be resolved until all the NI seats are in at about 11am the following day and the horse trading begins.

That WOULD make it interesting but my I suspect he'll keep it. Party Leaders' constituencies are usually very loyal.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Not this time.

This.......especially the Clegg:bla: bit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not Bozza!

Not sarcastic in the slightest - I LOVE election night, and this is shaping up to be the most fascinating for a long time.

I have already stocked up on the Tesco-cheapie version of Red Bull.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Am going up to London to do a large lunch, where we've wangled corkage. So, seven bottles of wine planned between the four of us. Might have a few more afterwards but, thereafter, need to get home to get an early night in, as am working in the morning.
The latest I'll be up for is to see the exit poll at 10. Most of the more important results won't be in until gone 3, so I'm hoping that if I can arise a bit early at, say, 5, I might get a clearer picture, and sample some of the more exciting seats being announced. That bit between 10 and 3 is usually pretty dull.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm working on the election so will probably be knackered by about midnight but I shall keep awake as long as possible
Looking forward to seeing the various TV companies "swingometers"
The best election night I ever had was in 1992 when I went up to the Comedy Store !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I used to love staying up all the way through for the election results, but I was gutted when Kinnock failed all those years ago (might surprise a few people!).

Since then I see the first 100/150 results in to get a flavour of what is going on, but then bugger off to sleep to be ready for the next day. As mentioned earlier, this result will not be known until well into Friday daylight, and then the horse trading begins......

Up all night with ale and a few bags of mixed nuts. Taken the next day off and will celebrate seeing the BBC in shock as all their predictions go up in smoke. The tories will get a landslide, the Scottish racist party will sink away with nothing other than a hand full of seats, labour and the limp dems will be destroyed and ukip will be the second biggest party. Can't wait😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here