Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are murmurings on several AV forums that should the Tories get back in they will privatise the BBC. George Osborne has already given Ofcom the nod that they will take over as the regulator from the BBC Trust.

They cannot be trusted. Remember Jeremy Hunt and the whole BSKYB Murdoc attempted takeover..

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But the tories at the time said that labour were regulating the finance industry too much and it was restricting it

I know the Labour line. It was nothing to do with Labour as it was a global crash but even if it was it would have been worse under the conservatives. The illegal war was did not really start with Labour, it was New Labour, which was not really a Labour government but really a tory one. Dull. Take some accountability for once

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know the Labour line. It was nothing to do with Labour as it was a global crash but even if it was it would have been worse under the conservatives. The illegal war was did not really start with Labour, it was New Labour, which was not really a Labour government but really a tory one. Dull. Take some accountability for once
Oh and the gold sold was really just a few old bits of jewellery sent to sell your gold.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It was the comment you made saying we're in a good place. Looking at the widest picture I cant see how anybody can say that?

Many individuals won't be of course but as a country we are in a relatively good place. There are many who would love to be where we are. Is it great, no, but its getting better.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This Ed stone thing is spectacularly gimmicky and stupid.

its a bit weird and crackers......great ammo for internet abuse though

does make you wonder what sort of wally is running the campaign......could you ever imagine Mandelson and Campbell thinking this was a good idea

2848002600000578-0-image-a-67_1430678531575.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Grief...now your'e saying it wasn't Labour in power for 13 years...that's not what the world was telling everyone...are you really saying that Ed Miliband,Ed Balls,Harriet Harman were not in that (New) Labour government...what school for budding Lord Haw Haws you go to ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

This isn't a labour line, it's a statement of fact. And I say this as someone who was involved in producing a response for a bank to the then increasing regulation

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Grief...now your'e saying it wasn't Labour in power for 13 years...that's not what the world was telling everyone...are you really saying that Ed Miliband,Ed Balls,Harriet Harman were not in that (New) Labour government...what school for budding Lord Haw Haws you go to ?

Now I know youre getting on a maybe a bit hard of thinking, but if you're going to base arguments on something that someone didn't say then you really have reached the end of the line

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Oh and the gold sold was really just a few old bits of jewellery sent to sell your gold.

Out of interest, how much do you think the gold sales cost the UK? You do know that the sales were used to buy euro reserves? Even the most negative view is that the difference of performance between gold and euros at current value is 4bn, which is less than half the unfunded tory promises in the election campaign so far

We also still have c300 tonnes of the stuff

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I am with you, its others who are now in denial. There have been many post along these lines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here