Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They must be maths dunces or something. Each seat gained above 325 increases the majority by 2 (not 1) because every seat you gain is one less for the opposition.
theyve changed it now , majority of 10, thought i was going to get flamed for missing something obvious( waits for sarcastic comments )

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would never have guessed anything like this yesterday evening. I doubt there will be a general election now until 2020 - and then every UK party will have a different leader.

They are fixed five year terms now. So your doubts are pretty accurate.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I would never have guessed anything like this yesterday evening. I doubt there will be a general election now until 2020 - and then every UK party will have a different leader.

I was actually thinking about that....what will happen to UKIP at the next General Election? Their whole raison d'etre is to have a Euro In/Out referendum but we should (and I think Cameron will do this) have had this under the Tories in 2017 and the In/Out answer will be known....still so much can happen between now and then.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bennett is so deluded and wrapped up in her little world, its sad that a party led by her managed to get 1 seat. During her interview on the beeb it was mentioned that Osborne was going to retain his post and she said thats hardly news is it - no not at all, just one of the most important appointments post election

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The BBC are reporting majority of 12, but I think they might be including the speaker in their count.
No. 325 is no majority. 331-325 = 6, * 2 =12

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Bennett is so deluded and wrapped up in her little world, its sad that a party led by her managed to get 1 seat. During her interview on the beeb it was mentioned that Osborne was going to retain his post and she said thats hardly news is it - no not at all, just one of the most important appointments post election

Lucas was clever in giving up the leadership to Benno. It gave the pretence that the Greens were not a one person party and Lucas could canvass BP on her record and not the Greens national agenda. If she had to defend their manifesto it may have been a different result, although to be fair 8000 maj is hugely impressive. What puzzles me regarding the Greens and Benno is why she chose a safw Labour London seat to contest. Their chances of another seat (albeit small) were Bristol or Norwich.

With 1 seat to declare, the actual result.

Con 330
Lab 232
SNP 56
LD 8
UKIP 1
Green 1

The exit poll actually (slightly underestimated the Tories and overestimated Labour).

How wrong, how unbelievably wrong though were all the opinion polls in the weeks leading up to the election

And more extraordinarily, the bookies too

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Missing....one large Stone 'Ed Stone...cost near on £30,000....a monument to a Labour 'Sheffield' moment....keep taking the tablets Ed.
Also missing on this thread......Herr Tubthumper,Dave in Prague,Nibble,Ernest.

Blue is the colour,
Politics is the game,
Labour got stuffed,
It really is a shame.

I do apologise but all that the left have thrown at us right wingers it results in Karma.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What puzzles me regarding the Greens and Benno is why she chose a safw Labour London seat to contest. Their chances of another seat (albeit small) were Bristol or Norwich.
And their best chance of another seat was if Benno wasn't contesting it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Missing....one large Stone 'Ed Stone...cost near on £30,000....a monument to a Labour 'Sheffield' moment....keep taking the tablets Ed.

Blue is the colour,
Politics is the game,
Labour got stuffed,
It really is a shame.

I do apologise but all that the left have thrown at us right wingers it results in Karma.

I know Nibble to be busy packing, Ernest has defected to UKIP in fairness HT came along early with the humble pie and who gives a shit about Dave in Prague.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Blue is the colour,
Politics is the game,
Labour got stuffed,
It really is a shame.

A chap at work has been banging on for weeks about Labour winning the election, tried to convince him to keep his money in his pocket..........but no.
He had a bet that anything under a Con 21 seat win would pay £15 a seat, anthing ove a 21 seat win for the Cons was also £15 a seat........up to £1000 pay out either way.
Rough calculations mean he owes the bookies over a £1000, but just has to stump the grand.
He was not at work today.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Blue is the colour,
Politics is the game,
Labour got stuffed,
It really is a shame.

Good evening SOTW:thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I love the way [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his groovy gang are GLOATING, just hope that some of proposed changes that the DECENT people fought against don't come back to bite you or your family personally

And you and your motley crew wouldn't be gloating would you? :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here