Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Cameron has just walked the question time debate. Miliband was a rabbit in headlights.

As an undecided voter having watched the party leaders tonight, I am now erring to Conservative. Still haven't completely made my mind up, but can't see how Labour would do a better job.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You're like The Sun, you made your mind up at 7.59
No Ernest I vowed never to vote labour again after the mess they left us in caused me to have a 10k a year pay cut. Not a wage freeze but a 10k cut. Do you realise the affect that had on me and my family. Vote labour? Never.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No Ernest I vowed never to vote labour again after the mess they left us in caused me to have a 10k a year pay cut. Not a wage freeze but a 10k cut. Do you realise the affect that had on me and my family. Vote labour? Never.

They didn't leave a mess, that is just Tory propaganda and listening to Clegg LibDem propaganda, another Greece indeed, what a load of old rubbish that was and seen through straight away

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
They didn't leave a mess, that is just Tory propaganda and listening to Clegg LibDem propaganda, another Greece indeed, what a load of old rubbish that was and seen through straight away
Take those red misty glasses off for a minute.......just look at the broader picture....please...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Take those red misty glasses off for a minute.......just look at the broader picture....please...

OK, the world was in a mess, a mess not the fault of the incumbent UK government. But no doubt your blue tinted specs will determine otherwise.

There was a simpleton on the radio today who said he was going to base his vote on whether he was better off now then he was in 2010! Perhaps he should exhibit some intelligence and look at whether he was better off in 2008 than he was in 1997. Perhaps then he can make a reasoned judgement.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There was a simpleton on the radio today who said he was going to base his vote on whether he was better off now then he was in 2010!

is that Miliband's central theme? are you any better off under Tories - if not vot Labour. and the typical question every election for that matter. bit condesending to say people cant use this as a measure for who they want to elect, especially when the politicans use it so much.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
is that Miliband's central theme? are you any better off under Tories - if not vot Labour. and the typical question every election for that matter. bit condesending to say people cant use this as a measure for who they want to elect, especially when the politicans use it so much.

Where did I suggest that is Labour's central theme? Also, why didn't you use the whole post rather than a section out of context? I would normally credit you with a bit more intelligence in that the point I was making was to judge the last Labour government on their record up to the global crisis. Seems I was wrong.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

They made it a lot worse.Yes they did.!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
OK, the world was in a mess, a mess not the fault of the incumbent UK government. But no doubt your blue tinted specs will determine otherwise.

There was a simpleton on the radio today who said he was going to base his vote on whether he was better off now then he was in 2010! Perhaps he should exhibit some intelligence and look at whether he was better off in 2008 than he was in 1997. Perhaps then he can make a reasoned judgement.

:facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So would you have let rbs and Lloyds go to the wall? What about northern Rock?

I actually have some sympathy with Lloyds. They were a strong bank and the government persuaded them to buy a failing bank. This in turn took them down. To add insult to injury the EU then said they were too big so had to get rid of branches.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
So would you have let rbs and Lloyds go to the wall? What about northern Rock?

So would you be supportive of this if it had been Cameron and Osborne bailing out their 'Banking friends'..? I doubt it somehow.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Where did I suggest that is Labour's central theme? Also, why didn't you use the whole post rather than a section out of context? I would normally credit you with a bit more intelligence in that the point I was making was to judge the last Labour government on their record up to the global crisis. Seems I was wrong.

Drew, the way you come across suggests anyone that doesn't fall into line or at least near to your beliefs is a simpleton, it's very unattractive you know!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here