Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Difference is that Miliband has taken Murdoch on and wants to cut News Corp's influence as well as supporting new press regulations which is why Murdoch doesn't want him as PM

The new press regulations have cross party support and all three main leaders support them. Now where is that evidence of Miliband taking on Murdoch ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Difference is that Miliband has taken Murdoch on and wants to cut News Corp's influence as well as supporting new press regulations which is why Murdoch doesn't want him as PM

What that's got to do with the pictures I don't know. However I can see why Murdoch doesn't want miliband as PM. Come to think of it neither do I.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

media-ed-milliband-the-sun-newspaper.jpg

Ed-Miliband-standing-up-to-Rupert-Murdoch.png

EdMiliband_01_1296450a.jpg

You keep standing up to him Ed!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And look what arrived today in the post

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What that's got to do with the pictures I don't know. However I can see why Murdoch doesn't want miliband as PM. Come to think of it neither do I.

That he'd be the first Prime Minister since 1979 not to be in Murdoch's pocket, having called him out & won (just google it if you need to - 'BSkyB merger - phone hacking' should do it). But you probably knew that didn't you?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Google 'phone hacking' unless you're trolling

Me trolling ?? ?? :wozza::laugh:

Let me see, phone hacking, yes, now being dealt with by the police, CPS and courts .... what exactly has Miliband had to do with it ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
That he'd be the first Prime Minister since 1979 not to be in Murdoch's pocket, having called him out & won (just google it if you need to - 'BSkyB merger - phone hacking' should do it). But you probably knew that didn't you?

See post #4433.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

See post #4433.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The new press regulations have cross party support and all three main leaders support them. Now where is that evidence of Miliband taking on Murdoch ?

Come, come Westdene. You're far too generous than that. Miliband's made errors in opposition, and gone missing for too much of it, but the moment he took on Murdoch was deeply impressive. Others followed behind him. Rapidly.

Sharing photos of completed ballots is against U.K. law. Under Section 66 of the Representation of the People Act 1983

I can't see anything in S.66 that restricts the right of a voter to publish an image of the ballot paper that has been completed at home. S.66 applies only to officials and other people in polling stations and to people who assist postal voters (eg blind voters).

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I can't see anything in S.66 that restricts the right of a voter to publish an image of the ballot paper that has been completed at home. S.66 applies only to officials and other people in polling stations and to people who assist postal voters (eg blind voters).

I've just done a skim of the Internet - and this keeps coming up:

Sharing photos of completed ballots—something many appear keen to do—is against U.K. law. The Register reports that under various parts of Section 66 of the Representation of the People Act 1983, it is an offence to make public someone’s vote after a mark has been made on the paper.

This is from the BBC:

"Under Section 66 of the Representation of the People's Act it is a criminal offence to communicate information about the way someone has voted or is about to vote - or to communicate the unique identification number on the ballot paper."

Pressed on how he (John Turner, chief executive of the Association of Electoral Administrators,) interpreted the law, he said taking a selfie and not showing it to anyone before polling stations closed would probably be within the law, but if they took a picture of the ballot paper "and rushed outside and put it on Facebook " they would be risking prosecution.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've just done a skim of the Internet - and this keeps coming up:

Sharing photos of completed ballots—something many appear keen to do—is against U.K. law. The Register reports that under various parts of Section 66 of the Representation of the People Act 1983, it is an offence to make public someone’s vote after a mark has been made on the paper.

This is from the BBC:

"Under Section 66 of the Representation of the People's Act it is a criminal offence to communicate information about the way someone has voted or is about to vote - or to communicate the unique identification number on the ballot paper."

Pressed on how he (John Turner, chief executive of the Association of Electoral Administrators,) interpreted the law, he said taking a selfie and not showing it to anyone before polling stations closed would probably be within the law, but if they took a picture of the ballot paper "and rushed outside and put it on Facebook " they would be risking prosecution.

Maybe it does not apply if the voter lives in Germany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here