Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Labour set to lose 39 seats in Scotland??

Latest Scottish #GE2015 poll (TNS-BMRB):
SNP - 52% (+6)
LAB - 24% (-6)
CON - 13% (-1)
LDEM - 6% (+3)
GRN - 3% (-1)

CCd8hYIWEAACdW0.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL to see the Lib Dems reduced to their traditional single-figure status having now well and truly sold most of their well-meaning liberal supporters down the river. The Greens now occupy most of the fluffy moral high ground previously occupied by the Lib Dems. Hoorah!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Although these real first-hand examples are good enough reason not to vote for them, IMO. I'd like to think Westdene wouldn't vote for anyone behaving like this, even if those councillors were UKIP.

He's already confirmed it, but I'd agree with you on Westdene. I wouldn't agree with your first sentence, however, as I think politics is about ideas, policies and vision, rather than issues about character and responsiveness. I do accept that others can associate politics about character and responsiveness though (that said, I think you're often good on ideas, policies and vision. Which is something for someone living in Surrey).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL to see the Lib Dems reduced to their traditional single-figure status having now well and truly sold most of their well-meaning liberal supporters down the river. The Greens now occupy most of the fluffy moral high ground previously occupied by the Lib Dems. Hoorah!

As a natural Lib Dem voter who won't be voting for them all the while Clegg is heading the party, it's the decent Lib Dem MPs and councillors I feel sorry for. The top brass in that party sold the lot of them down the river, feebly horse-trading away their primary principles for a whiff of power.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As a natural Lib Dem voter who won't be voting for them all the while Clegg is heading the party, it's the decent Lib Dem MPs and councillors I feel sorry for. The top brass in that party sold the lot of them down the river, feebly horse-trading away their primary principles for a whiff of power.

Forget about Clegg and the Top Brass - I'll never vote for them after their Nimby stance over Falmer.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
As a natural Lib Dem voter who won't be voting for them all the while Clegg is heading the party, it's the decent Lib Dem MPs and councillors I feel sorry for. The top brass in that party sold the lot of them down the river, feebly horse-trading away their primary principles for a whiff of pretend power.

amended for you...

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Mr Bean standing on stage completely obliterating some huge logo just now & they expect us to think they can run the country. Pathetic

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

My under 38.5 bet is looking better by the day, at these levels Boring Baker in Lewes could be Frank Bough

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
But don't worry, the inheritance tax threshold is increasing to 1m!

Being serious, your post succinctly puts why I will be voting Labour. The nation needs to look after ordinary decent people and not just concentrate on a few cronies at the top.

£1m is too low, Robin Hood died a long time ago

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Discussing the result, Martin Boon, of ICM Unlimited, said: “There is inevitably random variation between different polls, which generally falls within a ‘margin of error’ of plus or minus three points. The movement we’ve recorded since the March survey is within that normal bound, albeit only just.”

Boon said the sample chosen looks “demographically sound”, but acknowledges there are signs in the raw data that this sample “could be a just touch too Tory”. In particular, there are more 2010 Conservative voters than ICM would ordinarily expect, and also more voters from the professional occupational grade.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Here's another shining light...........

Labour candidate accused of going to extraordinary lengths to cover up links to Putin... and a £1bn arms deal
Tulip Siddiq accused of failing to tell voters she met Vladimir Putin in 2013
Labour candidate met Russian President at signing of billion-dollar arms deal
Former aide to Labour leader Ed Milband is standing for party in Hampstead
The Labour candidate in Britain's most marginal seat was last night accused of failing to tell voters that she met Vladimir Putin in Moscow two years ago when a controversial billion-dollar arms deal was signed.
Tulip Siddiq, a former aide to Ed Miliband, and who is standing for Labour in Hampstead, was at the Kremlin with her aunt, the hardline leader of Bangladesh who is accused of human rights abuses.

Typical gone from Glenda to this chancer, good outside bet the Blues there

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Just because their polling is online it doesn't mean they're all youngsters voting in-between Snapchat posts does it? The internet is used by a wide spectrum of ages. And the argument that they have no previous experience is nonsense as you have no idea who or what people make up the company in question; they might be a new company but made up of industry veterans. Also, polling methods, theories, philosophies and the science, the questions asked, as well as previous figures etc are all very well documented so a new company can easily come along and jump in using previous information; there are literally thousands of papers on the subject from across the world. To suggest a new company is completely green as it has no history is utter nonsense; the history is out their and readily available. To draw an analogy you would not expect a new bike company to only be able to initially make bone-shakers and penny farthings would you?

Your thoughts seem nothing more than stereotyping and guess work. You don't have any idea about the scientific and statistical rigour of these polls do you?

Apologies that my reply was too complicated for you to follow

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ashcroft National Poll: Con 33%, Lab 33%, Lib Dem 9%, UKIP 13%, Green 6%

Tories down on their usually higher % in the Ashcroft polls.
The ICM Guardian poll should be treated with caution, as it's markedly different to the majority of polls that have appeared of late, which either shows the Tories and Labour level pegging, or Labour pulling away slightly -- both of these scenarios will end up with Labour as the largest party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here