Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Please can we have the original title back? It makes me laugh every time I read it and reminds me just how far hapless Ed and Labour have progressed on their inevitable march to No.10

Yes, why has the title changed? Perhaps adding Red and Two Kitchens in the title would have been better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, why has the title changed? Perhaps adding Red and Two Kitchens in the title would have been better

Cameron said he had two kitchens as well. What's the big deal?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only two?

And to be factually correct Ed was photographed in his "tea perpetration area". So he only has one kitchen like the rest of us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ComRes poll in South Thanet have intentions as CON 31% UKIP 30% LAB 29%. UKIP have dropped 9 points but interestingly Labour are up 10 points to turn it into a 3 way marginal.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Tories are patently going to nick the election on account of the Weird Ed factor. Least impressive Labour leader ever? Hell, yes!

If that happens they only have themselves to blame. They still allow the Union barons to call the shots. Labour Affiliates get a third of the vote for the Labour Leader and they dragged Red Ed just ahead of his brother despite the votes of MPs and Labour members. David i believe would be walking this, or at least forcing Cameron into a higher risk campaign

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If that happens they only have themselves to blame. They still allow the Union barons to call the shots. Labour Affiliates get a third of the vote for the Labour Leader and they dragged Red Ed just ahead of his brother despite the votes of MPs and Labour members. David i believe would be walking this, or at least forcing Cameron into a higher risk campaign

Seems to me - seriously - that the Greens are now occupying much of the ground that Labour used to occupy. Labour seems to me to have lost all focus and is now reduced to mouthing the platitudes it thinks it should be mouthing. Trouble is, its so transparently insincere, that they might as well not have bothered.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tories are patently going to nick the election on account of the Weird Ed factor. Least impressive Labour leader ever? Hell, yes!

*cough* Neil Kinnock *cough*

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Er they are a party founded by the unions for their members, to counter the money of big business - I really never understand the argument that Unions cannot give donations where as very wealthy business and individuals can give very big donations for access to a party that represents their interests.

David was New labour and supported the Iraq war where as Ed did not, also I like to think its a bit more than just personality that should count.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Er they are a party founded by the unions for their members, to counter the money of big business - I really never understand the argument that Unions cannot give donations where as very wealthy business and individuals can give very big donations for access to a party that represents their interests.

David was New labour and supported the Iraq war where as Ed did not, also I like to think its a bit more than just personality that should count.

Fair point on substance and i agree its more important than personaility. For me David has more substance but agree he is less Left than Ed and perhaps that is not what Labour voters want now. i think the floating voters may prefer less Left though.

I hadn't commented on subs and donations though. I am in the camp parties should be funded centrally but that a different area. In meantime, Labour should be in part funded by Unions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here