Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Flex Your Head

Disgusting individual, absolutely disgraceful attitude only equalled by her constituents that, in the face of a child abuse scandal of international proportions under her teams watch, the odds of 2/7 suggest they are happy to re-elect with ease.
She should resign or be fired but neither her or Milliband has the cojones do they?
Shameless

Every time I read one of your posts, I picture you like this:

angry tory.jpg

Also, I think you are the only person left in the UK who makes reference to the 'loony left' when talking about the Labour Party since they are about as left-wing as notorious communists Kenneth Clarke and Charles Kennedy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Are any of NSC's Loony Lefties putting their money on Labour to get the most seats? Surely at better than 2-1 this is a license to print money??

Screen Shot 03-16-15 at 12.04 PM.JPG

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I see someone has wiped that silly grin off Shapps face at last

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Milliband is thought by some to be announcing this weekend his stance on a coalition with the SNP.
If he is amenable to a coalition with the SNP then I guess his support for the Union in the Scottish Referendum must now be questioned. Jumping into bed with a party whose raison d'etre is to break up the union rather goes against his populist stance of a few months ago.
I guess the decision he makes on this will flush out how genuine he is.

It's happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31906463

Ed has ruled out a coalition with the SNP.
Credit where credit is due.
How do Labour get into Number 10 now though?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's happened.

Calculated gamble to win back some marginal Scottish seats from the SNP. And they've obviously done the numbers and decided they can make number 10 with a fair wind.

And of course, if they need to do a deal you can bet they will. Some load of toss will be said as to why they have to make that deal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i dont think they can now, unless in coalition with Liberals. i can see why he's done this, but surprised its so blunt with no wriggle room once the seats are counted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's happened.

The SNP had already stated they would not enter into a formal agreement but support a Labour government on a issue-by-issue basis. The Greens have said the same.

So the SNP have answered your question, they will back a minority Labour government.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If someone on the dole had forgotten to declare a second job I wonder what his reaction would be ?

not sure why anyone makes comparisons with benefits, becoming a bit like Godwins law. anyway, i've struggled to follow this Shapps story, as far as i can see he had declared the second job in the MP register, but said something different in a radio interview. its a trivial distraction with the election coming up. this weekend we've had good policy from Clegg on homes on rent-to-own and incoherent policy, which Miliband saying Labour will balance the budget in the next parliament, a day before Balls criticises Osborn for future tax rises (how are Labour going to acheive the former without the latter, cuts?).

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I'm increasingly of the belief that Cameron will do enough for a Con minority government being supported by the Lib Dems and the DUP.

I suspect the Tory strategists will be scouring the LIb Dem manifesto for things that they can agree with in exchange. Don't think they'll have too much trouble with the DUP.

Stumbling block I think will be if the numbers are tight and so Cameron will be prone to rebellions by the Lib Dems.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's happened.

So he's ruled out something that was never suggested by the SNP or Labour due to pressure from the Tories over something that was never going to happen.

He was very careful with his words, not ruling out a 'confidence and supply' move - Scotland won't be fooled.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's happened.

He is telling voters in Scotland that a vote for the SNP will see them end up with Dodgy Dave as the PM. If Labour win enough seats in Scotland there will be no need for a coalition. If they fall short of a majority there could be a pact with Plaid Cymru , Greens and SNP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here