Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GCSE's

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Bonjour to you too. :wave:

I always enjoyed doing Languages at school, so I chose to do German (Guten Tag :wave:) as well as French when I picked my GCSE options.

I think the only GCSE I got less than a C in was Resistant Materials, but our whole class failed that one as we had supply teachers for all but 2 weeks of the 2 year course (our supposed regular teacher had a breakdown) and so we all went into the exam without a chance of even understanding the questions much less knowing the answers to any of them.

Dandyman

In London village.
Pah ! What ever happened to GCE, CSE and for those of us that went to Lewes Priory the ROSLA kids building a boat each year ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Were they written on a slate with a piece of chalk in those days?

:laugh::laugh:

But i think i would have got a B in Maths if i wouldnt have missed 2 Maths exams, for Watching Spurs In Europe

Ahhh welll.

UEFA Cup Quater Final > GCSE's

you know how it is;)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
And the school computers were 5 bbc computers that took 3 weeks to load a game:lolol: 5 computers between 1,400 pupils.

My primary school still had them when I went there, lol. My favourite was "Rescue", which was a text adventure game when you had to recover a sword, shield, magic key etc...

You are in the GRAVEYARD. You can go LEFT, RIGHT or FORWARD etc...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
:laugh::laugh:

But i think i would have got a B in Maths if i wouldnt have missed 2 Maths exams, for Watching Spurs In Europe

Ahhh welll.

UEFA Cup Quater Final > GCSE's

you know how it is;)

f***ing hell - if I did that my headmaster would have killed me!!!

Talk about priorities :glare:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My primary school still had them when I went there, lol. My favourite was "Rescue", which was a text adventure game when you had to recover a sword, shield, magic key etc...

You are in the GRAVEYARD. You can go LEFT, RIGHT or FORWARD etc...

I used to love that game as well. I think my brother had a version of it when the Commodore 64 first came out as well.

f*** me i am getting old now :shootself:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I used to love that game as well. I think my brother had a version of it when the Commodore 64 first came out as well.

f*** me i am getting old now :shootself:

I'd love to be able to find it and play it now, just for old time's sake. :down:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont like the way the figures are produced for Pass rates, it gives a false sense of sucess, and what is judged to be sucess really isnt.

I guess we are like that in sporting terms.

You here things like 98% pass rate, and you think that the school has done really well. But pass means grades A-E, so a 98% rate could be 97% of students getting a D or E and 1 person getting an A-C, but the school is still deemed a SUCESS.

By lowering the standard of sucess to something so low, it doesnt set up the kids well for the future.

Pass rates should be based on A-C grades, at least sucess can have a little bit of respect

Mar 13, 2008
I dont like the way the figures are produced for Pass rates, it gives a false sense of sucess, and what is judged to be sucess really isnt.

I guess we are like that in sporting terms.

You here things like 98% pass rate, and you think that the school has done really well. But pass means grades A-E, so a 98% rate could be 97% of students getting a D or E and 1 person getting an A-C, but the school is still deemed a SUCESS.

By lowering the standard of sucess to something so low, it doesnt set up the kids well for the future.

Pass rates should be based on A-C grades, at least sucess can have a little bit of respect
To get into any college in worthing to do A-level you need 5 A-C's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here