GCSE's

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do find this criticism of Nibble rather amusing. Acting is a massively difficult profession to break into and I think there are accepted figures that only 10% work constantly. It is rather childish to throw the 'part-time cleaner, part time extra' insult at him, when a great many actors start that off that way. It is not a cushy profession where you are guaranteed a job.

But go ahead if you feel it strengthens your arguments. Besides which, he has already stated many a time that he no longer has to support himself with a cleaning job.
True, but maybe nipple wouldn't attract such childish criticism if he didn't write such unnecessary, misplaced drivel with the sole intention of provoking a reaction.

Mar 13, 2008
Can you just slow down and listen for a second? I NEVER said I was intelligent, nor did BOF. He correctly pointed out that it is hard to break into and a risk. I am lucky that I get a lot of work because I work my nuts off to put myself in the position where I may get lucky but I never said that you had to be intelligent to do it.
You have been going on about how easy you GCSE's were??
Also your general attitude on here is that you are better and more intelligent than anyone else.

Mar 13, 2008

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Australian equivalent is the HSC (Higher School Certificate) what really annoys me about that is that the results in my day were standardized - ie pushed into some sort of bell curve to ensure that there was a reasonable spread of fails, passes and HD's.... ridiculous to think your grade would be adjusted based on the performance of the whole lot of people sitting it...Hope they've changed that now...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
True, but maybe nipple wouldn't attract such childish criticism if he didn't write such unnecessary, misplaced drivel with the sole intention of provoking a reaction.

Can I just say, that I genuinely don't write it to provoke a reaction. If I say something on here 99% of the time I mean it. If it looks like a wind up then I can't stop you insulting me if it serves a purpose for you but I do not try and wind people up. I posted my opinion, insensitive it may be but it's what I believe.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

and I wouldn't call him names either if he.....hang on.

No.

I probably still would. It's what I do.

Apologies.

As you were.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You dont need to be intelligent to be an actor. (Joey from friends (ok he isnt real but he is quite stupid in real life as well))

Where have I said anything about being or needing to be intelligent and what relevance is that? I was saying that it is one of the most notoriously difficult professions to succeed in. Although, I would say it does help to be intelligent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just say, that I genuinely don't write it to provoke a reaction. If I say something on here 99% of the time I mean it. If it looks like a wind up then I can't stop you insulting me if it serves a purpose for you but I do not try and wind people up. I posted my opinion, insensitive it may be but it's what I believe.
But that's not necessarily a good thing is it?

Afterall, you got banned on here because you wrote some repulsive "joke" about a disabled child. You then point blank refused to apologise for any offense caused.

I'm afraid you reap what you sow, and probably explains why people take the piss out of your job situation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But that's not necessarily a good thing is it?

Afterall, you got banned on here because you wrote some repulsive "joke" about a disabled child. You then point blank refused to apologise for any offense caused.

I'm afraid you reap what you sow, and probably explains why people take the piss out of your job situation.

Look, I understand that to get good reults in any exam is an acheivement. If people found my comments insulting then what can I do? I haven't personally insulted anyone on here for ages, a result of being banned.

If people feel the need to rip it out of me then fine, I do post things that coud cause people to have that reaction. I personally am not particularly insulted because I realise it is a reaction from people who don't know me.

However, I have taken up too much time on this thread wittering on about myself so I will leave the floor as it were.

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
The Australian equivalent is the HSC (Higher School Certificate) what really annoys me about that is that the results in my day were standardized - ie pushed into some sort of bell curve to ensure that there was a reasonable spread of fails, passes and HD's.... ridiculous to think your grade would be adjusted based on the performance of the whole lot of people sitting it...Hope they've changed that now...

Actually, I think the bell curve was a good thing.
Given that the intent of exams is to sort out the very capable, from the capable from the above average, etc. then that is the only way to garuntee that you isolate the top 5% (A), from the next 10% (B)...

This is what employers and universities are traditionally looking for.

In a situation where over 20% of your statistical population are gaining the top grade, that top grade IS devalued and debased.

If everyone has prizes, then the prizes don't mean much.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Actually, I think the bell curve was a good thing.
Given that the intent of exams is to sort out the very capable, from the capable from the above average, etc. then that is the only way to garuntee that you isolate the top 5% (A), from the next 10% (B)...

This is what employers and universities are traditionally looking for.

In a situation where over 20% of your statistical population are gaining the top grade, that top grade IS devalued and debased.

If everyone has prizes, then the prizes don't mean much.

Quite right...........if there were no failures..........who would help nibble with his cleaning job..........?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports