Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaza(not the footballer) is going seriously Boobz Up

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I think I'd call it a pre-emtive strike, rather than a counter-attack. Either way, I personally don't blame them for it. And at the end, they offered to withdraw from all territory if their neighbours agreed to recognise Israel as a state and promise not to invade, and they said no :shrug:

Neighboring countries recognise Israel as an independent state, and promise not to invade, in exchange for Israel completely withdrawing everything from all occupied territories. Also agree that no military equipment may occupy the land Israel gives up.

You're welcome.

Sorted then. Why didn't they try this earlier? 77 Egypt recognised Israel and Sadat was shot for his trouble. All was good until 2011 and now it is all destabalised again. It is so tough for any Arab government ot give anything on the 'Israeli question' which in part is why we are where we are.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good grief,........ I think you ought to stay put in your little dream world mate.

Really ? You're suggesting that there is no chance of an Israeli murdering fellow Isralies ? Yet you accuse ME of being in a dream word ? So where is the evidence that a Palestinian murdered them ? Other than of course extreme Israeli racial bias.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With American money....
I think in fact, that Hezbollah gave the Israelis a bit of a shock the last time they entered Lebanon...and the myth of an invincible IDF was shattered a bit.
Semantics again DIP,.... however it is funded, they will deliver the usual punch.

Hezbollah did hold its own indeed in the 2006 war, but dont forget, the ultimate result was that Hezbollah suffered at least 40% of of strength dead, and with the Lebanese and the UN moving into South Lebanon, the border has been relatively peaceful in the years since. No longer do Lebanon allow the firing of long range rockets into north Israel, so technically their objective was achieved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good grief,........ I think you ought to stay put in your little dream world mate.
His point is perfectly valid. Anyone could have killed those three Israeli boys. Obviously they will have been Palestinian but the point is that there has been no evidence of any collusion from the Palestinian authorities.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
small???...... do a bit of research, Israel is receiving approx 6 missiles an hour, most fired from concealed positions in homes, schools, hospitals and Mosques,..... none of the actions or reactions are proportionate,.... but dont fall into the trap that this is one sided,... remember who killed the 3 Israeli students, this started the current round of escalations.

I am about as two sided as it gets in this conflict. 'small' as in low yeild! Israel respond with much higher yield and targetted attacks. Trouble is that they target the populated areas where Hamas etc are hiding. To be fair 'roof knocking' does help (a phone call to the targetted premisis just before the strike or a near miss first), but it is not very effective.

I have said so many times in this thread that I know Hamas are responsible for this escalation, but have also said it is an never ending cycle that both sides (political and religious leaders) actually do quite well out of.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
His point is perfectly valid. Anyone could have killed those three Israeli boys. Obviously they will have been Palestinian but the point is that there has been no evidence of any collusion from the Palestinian authorities.
No its not,... even the Palestinian authorities agreed that the two named suspects, were the likely culprits,... both Hamas linked, both with a record of anti-israeli activities, both in hiding.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and the 'named' suspects....who got their names?
Ive seen equally valid reports of the Hebron gang from that unpronouncible clan in the area rather than Hamas.
Who provided the suspects name, the totally honest, and non currupt Israelis?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorted then. Why didn't they try this earlier?
All they had to do was ask :shrug:

I remember at college in the late 80s, that my Arabic fellow students were swearing death to Salman Rushdie. I just don't get it. As long as so many people reject Israel, the only solution I can see if for Israel to lose. And if the Israelis feel like that, why would they stop fighting?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No its not,... even the Palestinian authorities agreed that the two named suspects, were the likely culprits,... both Hamas linked, both with a record of anti-israeli activities, both in hiding.

Being the key word. Not yet found, or questioned, or charged nor convicted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So are you saying that Hamas have admitted their members are responsible?

That's the issue. And of course you're not. You're lazily using "Palestinian authorities" with no evidence or even a source. It's bollocks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
so these guys who are 'linked' to Hamas do come from the local clan in the area...

'Within a few days of the kidnapping, the Israeli government already had two likely suspects. Marwan Qawasmeh and Amar Abu Aisha are two members of the so-called 'Qawasmeh clan' of Hebron, a group that is said to pay little heed to what Hamas has to say and that often acts in ways that are counter to Hamas' goals'

but Israel has decided that its Hamas..... I see...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So are you saying that Hamas have admitted their members are responsible?

That's the issue. And of course you're not. You're lazily using "Palestinian authorities" with no evidence or even a source. It's bollocks.
I dont lazily use anything,....... stop with the cliche ridden keyboard warrior soundbites,.... go and read a little, of both flavours, then you will get to the middle ground, which is probably near the truth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dont lazily use anything,....... stop with the cliche ridden keyboard warrior soundbites,.... go and read a little, of both flavours, then you will get to the middle ground, which is probably near the truth.
Alternatively, how about you stop talking rubbish?

You started this with the words
"remember who killed the 3 Israeli students, this started the current round of escalations"

There is no proof that Hamas are responsible - all we can be sure of is that some Palestinians did it. If you can provide some credible news source or evidence that suggests otherwise, then I'll eat humble pie and stand corrected. If not, pipe down with your childish need to resort to calling me a cliché ridden keyboard warrior when it's YOU who sees fit to spout a load of rubbish.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
so these guys who are 'linked' to Hamas do come from the local clan in the area...

'Within a few days of the kidnapping, the Israeli government already had two likely suspects. Marwan Qawasmeh and Amar Abu Aisha are two members of the so-called 'Qawasmeh clan' of Hebron, a group that is said to pay little heed to what Hamas has to say and that often acts in ways that are counter to Hamas' goals'

but Israel has decided that its Hamas..... I see...
Look, they are closely linked to Hamas, both recently, and historically,...they certainly have a rogue strategy that sometimes ruffles the Hamas leaderships' feathers, but there is no escapeing from the fact that the group( family) associate themselves with Hamas, and always have done.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Alternatively, how about you stop talking rubbish?

You started this with the words
"remember who killed the 3 Israeli students, this started the current round of escalations"

There is no proof that Hamas are responsible - all we can be sure of is that some Palestinians did it. If you can provide some credible news source or evidence that suggests otherwise, then I'll eat humble pie and stand corrected. If not, pipe down with your childish need to resort to calling me a cliché ridden keyboard warrior when it's YOU who sees fit to spout a load of rubbish.
NO,.... you go and do your own research, I have done mine thanks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and this kidnapping isnt really the start of anything...just the never ending continuation of shit from the area, caused by a people being dumped in the middle of a completely different other people, and in their territory.
Think one of the Saudi Kings said...why here in the middle east...why not Bavaria...we didnt do anything to them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here