Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gavin Williamson

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sacked twice as a minister so the only conclusion I can come to, is that as Chief Whip, he knows too much, so is rewarded for keeping his mouth shut.
This is so corrupt.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, let's keep voting for these tories.

Where the honours system is utterly defiled by a compromised PM to head off a blackmail by the least popular and competent government minister in my lifetime (hang on, there's Grayling) ... first or second.

That one in Lincolnshire is also especially pleasant

That Russian money keeps on coming in.

But yeh, we're world beating at a load of stuff.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
It’s just the latest in the litany of very poor decisions taken by this appalling regime. I retired in 2018 having worked my whole life in education so I therefore missed at first hand his incompetence but it was evident anyway(I did suffer Gove for many years but still held memories of decent appointments to Education Secretary eg David Miliband, Estelle Morris). Williamson was also useless in the Defence role. As others have said the whole system is corrupt and that is something that the present government excels in so we shouldn’t really be that surprised I suppose.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My only knowledge of him has been of his poor performance in his recent jobs. Has he done anything I am unaware of to receive this honour???

The c*** sacked for leaking official secrets?

Must be an early April Fools.

Not falling for it!

Used to be chief whip. Obviously got something on somebody, and has been bought off with this in return for silence. Who could that somebody be? Might it be the somebody that 'honoured' SGW?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Wow, arise Sir Gavin! a glittering career of gaffes, my particular favourite was threatening to sue a school for not sending the kids in during the height of the pandemic, then by the end of the same day decided to close all schools because, erm, there was a global pandemic

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just seen this on the BBC website and my immediate thought was WTF.
I am usually a fighter, I dig my heels in and have done since Camerons sorry arse hit the seat, but I give up, sod it, what's the point, its been day after day for so long now, they are taking the piss out of the kids who's education was ruined by the most useless and incompetent minister and that takes some doing in this Government.
Bollox to them all.

No. We have to stand firm and vote the fuggers out. And keep the powder dry till the 4 months before the general election (which will be late, late, late, unless Johnson gets momentarily lucky. Which he may).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A knighthood for being very slightly less shit than Chris Grayling.

Is that how it works?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Astonishing .. as he was shit.

Not bothered though. Ukrainians are being murdered tonight. Perspective.

Genocide is no justification for disregarding the tories taking the opportunity to do the equivalent of thieving out of their mum's handbag. The *****.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Never heard of him. Knight.. Does it mean he gets to wear plating armor and ride a horse?

Here's a photo of him, to help with context he's standing next to your grass/pizza delivery dude.

01431FCD-1AC8-48B0-9A12-8D96A9120472.jpeg

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
The honours system is already discredited and a corrupt farce. This is just another nail in the coffin.Williamson’s knighthood is just another step to making the honours system totally worthless and more a reward for useless sycophancy than anything positive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genocide is no justification for disregarding the tories taking the opportunity to do the equivalent of thieving out of their mum's handbag. The *****.

I can’t get riled just now about UK politics and perceived honours injustices.

This isn’t a Alastair Campbell “Bury bad news”. Hopeless Williamson would’ve got it anyway.

Away from nsc, there’s a mature truce just now in The Commons, unity about the genocide.

The silver lining to shit stain Putin and his barbaric gestapo and SS.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
While we're giving Gavins gongs why don't they give Gavin Hamilton a knighthood for services to test match cricket?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
the world keeps turning.....................

you did manage to type that post :shrug:

This is identical to the moment in history when the Nazis invaded Poland, Norway or Czechoslovakia.

A fascist war machine is physically destroying Ukraine, Putin’s war crimes in other invaded nations include; rape, the murders of homosexuals, genocide, the murder of war prisoners, academics going ‘missing’.

Forgive me but the serious side of my mind only has eyes for Ukraine for just now.

Petty UK party politics and bitching, all seems a bit … petty just now.

[The House of Lords, as sell as ‘Sirs’, have long been full of cronies and the undeserved].

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is identical to the moment in history when the Nazis invaded Poland, Norway or Czechoslovakia.

A fascist war machine is physically destroying Ukraine, Putin’s war crimes in other invaded nations include; rape, the murders of homosexuals, genocide, the murder of war prisoners, academics going ‘missing’.

Forgive me but the serious side of my mind only has eyes for Ukraine for just now.

[The House of Lords, as sell as ‘Sirs’, have long been full of cronies and the undeserved].

yeah, i know. i think we all need to carry on as usual, go to work, generate tax monies for ploiticians to allocate, and take the piss out of "the elite".

you still managed to read this thread :shrug:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yeah, i know. i think we all need to carry on as usual, go to work, generate tax monies for ploiticians to allocate, and take the piss out of "the elite".

you still managed to read this thread :shrug:

Take the piss AKA get rather hot under the collar about UK politics, 365. The binary world of left v right.

Introspective.

Then people realise at long last and far too late, that there’s true evil in Europe with Putin and Lukashenko.

Putin and Xi thrive on that, division in the west including within nations, in fact they’ve actively promoted it for years through technology.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The question for me is do we stick (and do the nothing we declared we would do, militarily, before the invasion - that was reassuringly robust) or twist (and nuke Moscow; yes, I know, but would flinging soft shell crabs via trebuchet at the vestige of the Berlin wall have the same oomph?).

I'd back 'stick'... were it not for the pre-emptive declaration on non-engagement. The latter is a signal to Putin to do what he likes.

Freezing Russia's JustEat facility, and Putin's Grinder account may cause momentary inconwenience, as Kenneth Williams might have said but, hey, ho, when you have just flattened a neighbour, ethnic cleansed its population and shown Europe what a badass motherfugger you are, who cares, innit? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here