Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gavin Williamson

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I was amazed when David Cameron got him a CBE in 2016. Since then he's been sacked twice for being shit and now gets a K. And he accepted £30k from Russia when Defence Secretary.

It's obviously not for services to his country.

Cameron awarded his feckin hairdresser a gong so he clearly treated the awards system with contempt. Or was having a laugh with it....

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Our Gav, back to his very best...

I find it surprising how poorly Sir Gav is able to articulate himself - the heavy use of the filler phrase "sort of" and the poundshop Hugh Grant "I, I, I, I..." doesn't exactly suggest great intellect or oratory prowess... (actually, I'm not sure why I'm surprised about that)

That aside, I don't think he'll be too disappointed regarding how he comes across in this. To be fair to him, he does ask questions about the company ahead of the 'meeting' (though goes ahead without receiving answers) and as soon as it becomes clear that he will be asked to set up meetings with ministers, he backs out.
A cynic mightsuggest he had an inkling it was a set-up, but went through with it just in case he could ascertain the trough would be safe enough to stick his snout in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I find it surprising how poorly Sir Gav is able to articulate himself - the heavy use of the filler phrase "sort of" and the poundshop Hugh Grant "I, I, I, I..." doesn't exactly suggest great intellect or oratory prowess... (actually, I'm not sure why I'm surprised about that)

That aside, I don't think he'll be too disappointed regarding how he comes across in this. To be fair to him, he does ask questions about the company ahead of the 'meeting' (though goes ahead without receiving answers) and as soon as it becomes clear that he will be asked to set up meetings with ministers, he backs out.
A cynic mightsuggest he had an inkling it was a set-up, but went through with it just in case he could ascertain the trough would be safe enough to stick his snout in.
I could easily imagine him selling me a fireplace.

In fairness he smelt a rat and ended the call, baffles me how this guy ever got so far under multiple PM's, it wasn't just Johnson

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I could easily imagine him selling me a fireplace.

In fairness he smelt a rat and ended the call, baffles me how this guy ever got so far under multiple PM's, it wasn't just Johnson
Makes you wonder what he knows, doesn't it? How else was he getting such senior Cabinet roles? It wasn't due to talent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I assume Led by donkeys are saving Matt 'I've been betrayed' Hancock until last?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gavin Williamson was sacked for leaking details of a confidential national security briefing to the press as I recall. Why is he still even in Parliament, never mind the Government?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Gavin Williamson was sacked for leaking details of a confidential national security briefing to the press as I recall. Why is he still even in Parliament, never mind the Government?
Because from his time as chief whip, he has a lot of sh|t on a lot of people?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
MPs should be paid a great deal more than they currently are; I suggest they should receive the same as the going rate for a senior executive of a reasonable size company....say £150-£200K. BUT, all outside business activities should be strictly forbidden whilst serving as an MP, with immediate dismissal if they are discovered to have a role with any other organisation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
MPs should be paid a great deal more than they currently are; I suggest they should receive the same as the going rate for a senior executive of a reasonable size company....say £150-£200K. BUT, all outside business activities should be strictly forbidden whilst serving as an MP, with immediate dismissal if they are discovered to have a role with any other organisation.

Agreed, increase their pay but ban any second jobs, whilst we are at it, ban expenses as well.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I would go along with this. I would double their salaries to something like 170,000 GBP. I would also insist on halving their numbers. There is no way we need 650 legislators in this country plus 850 unelected legislators in the HoL. The US Senate is 100 isn’t it and 435 representatives. That’s for a country with at least 3 times our population. It’s a gravy train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here