Gary Roberts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Give it a rest. Look through the threads about him when he had a trial here. Everybody was saying how they wanted him in. Not just this bloody strike :shrug:

So much so that we didn't sign him. In fact, no league one club signed him!!!

Sums you up doesn't it. Everybody can earn redemption, and anybody has the right to try. Even if he has had problems before. Looks lik he is getting his life back on track. Good on him.

Can you just enlighten us as to exactly how you know he is getting his life back on track? He is 22, only signed for Rotherham in November after a trial. Do you know anything about his social life? Do you know if he has sorted out the alleged problems he has had?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
So much so that we didn't sign him. In fact, no league one club signed him!!!

Can you just enlighten us as to exactly how you know he is getting his life back on track? He is 22, only signed for Rotherham in November after a trial. Do you know anything about his social life? Do you know if he has sorted out the alleged problems he has had?

On a personal note, I haven't the foggiest about the bloke. I have, however, read articles, read and listened to many interviews, and he 'claims' he is sick of the life he was living, and really wanted to get his career back on track. He now seems to be doing so, playing leauge football. Good on him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hoped we'd sign him after doing well in his trial games, but I think with all the uncertainty over Slade's position and our ineptness on the pitch he kind of slipped through the net. I suspect our loss will be some other clubs considerable gain (Rotherham at the moment).

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Quite so, but you didn't answer my question. Are you and "everyone" more qualified to comment on whether someone warrants a professional contract than the then Albion coaching setup?

Simplistically, no. However, I am entitled to have an opinion on a player and his performance levels.

For example, Jim may think Drogba is the best striker in the Premiership. However, Bill, who has a B badge in coaching, may think that Rooney is. It is *partly* about opinions.

P.S I know tht argument has a flaw :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports