[Albion] Gary Neville rant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thing is, I don't know a single fan of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool or either of the Manchester clubs that want this European breakaway league to happen.

They risk the total alienation of their fan base.

i think a lot of fans arent familar with the proposal or the alternative Swiss league format UEFA have planned for Champions League. as i look at the differences briefly, the break away is preferable. i may be missing something but i know UEFA dont give a fig for the national leagues.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thing is, I don't know a single fan of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool or either of the Manchester clubs that want this European breakaway league to happen.

But who ever thinks of the fans these days?

So many clubs owned by foreign chairmen or corporations who just don't see it from a fan's perspective.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Need FIFA & all Regional Federations to come out and say they won't recognise it and anyone playing in it will not be allowed to play for their Country in a FIFA recognised competitions for life. Will at least make the players of those clubs think twice about staying at their current club should it happen and truly show those who are in it for the money are.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
But who ever thinks of the fans these days?

So many clubs owned by foreign chairmen or corporations who just don't see it from a fan's perspective.

I totally get your point. Just think this may be a step too far. I wonder if these clubs are 'setting a hare'.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Need FIFA & all Regional Federations to come out and say they won't recognise it and anyone playing in it will not be allowed to play for their Country in a FIFA recognised competitions for life. Will at least make the players of those clubs think twice about staying at their current club should it happen and truly show those who are in it for the money are.

Yes this would be the right thing to do and it's also an obvious course of action that the breakaway club must be anticipating,so I ask my self why are they still proceedings with the plan to breakaway knowing full well that the actions you have mentioned will be done by FIFA,uefa and the domestic leagues?
I wonder if either the club's lawyers are confident that those courses of action would be illegal or I wonder if the breakaway club's just don't care about that action because they feel that their super League will be the best and actually begin to replace uefa and FIFA and all the domestic league s.
It just seems strange to agree the breakaway when they know what the consequence will be unless like I have mentioned,they don't care.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was delighted (if a little surprised) to hear Gary Neville condemn that idea so strongly.
It is clearly all about the money and he was right to say what he did.

May 5, 2020
Sussex

I'm not sure even alien fans will be interested.
It will take about 12 years for the signal from a live game to reach alpha centuri.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Sky broadcasting criticism of the big 6 and shock of greedy owners must mean they know DAZN have the rights to the new super league and they will lose HUGE.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought Gary Neville's input was really good. The greedy yanks don't give a hoot about footballs history. Let them go and stop relegation this season

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I find it funny that Tottenham find themselves worthy of being in this elite league.
The last time they won the league, the TV was in black and white.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I find it funny that Tottenham find themselves worthy of being in this elite league.
The last time they won the league, the TV was in black and white.

Yes,and I think this is the fear of the likes of man u Liverpool and arsenal is that one day they may well fall out of being part of "the elite club's" so the best way of ensuring you stay 'elite" is create your own"elite" league where no one else is allowed in.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agree 100% with Neville. As a fan of football before his love of United he is disgusted at the actions of the so called big six. Well done Gary i would imagine the majority of the said clubs supporters agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports