Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gary harts testimonial MY WAY video now on youtube.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Marvellous memories, marvellous scenes. What a great servant OGH has been over the years. Indeed the fact we are stepping out in the Championship at Falmer can be in part attributed to him in Russell Slade's 'Great Escape' team of 2009. Hope he gets fixed up soon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant video, there are some absolutely cracking goals in there which any striker would be proud of.

Harty never ever gave less than 100% when he played for us, and as has been said his partnership with Owusu was key to us completing the escape under Slade and so indirectly contributed to us even having Gus here now. Without a doubt the best £1000 and set of kit the club has ever spent, and I hope he gets himself sorted out with a club soon.

Like so many others I was virtually praying for that chance against Huddersfield to go in, but it sadly wasn't to be. Nevertheless, thanks for so many great moments down the years Harty. :bowdown:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Dedicated to the club OGH is really a legend. How much would the club have to spend, at todays prices, on a player who has contributed so much to the club. GARY HART YOU ARE WORTH MILLIONS!.............thankyou for playing for our club.

Can anyone post his complete stats on this thread?

summer

Apr 11, 2007
Thank u so much for the nice things u all have put , Its really nice to hear it so thank you....I would love to play at falmer but the only way now is to play against ya in the fa cup or something.lol.depends where i go first.hope u have a great season and i will defo be there to watch when i dont play....seagullsssssssssssssssssssssss. its been a pleasure to play here.......

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thank u so much for the nice things u all have put , Its really nice to hear it so thank you....I would love to play at falmer but the only way now is to play against ya in the fa cup or something.lol.depends where i go first.hope u have a great season and i will defo be there to watch when i dont play....seagullsssssssssssssssssssssss. its been a pleasure to play here.......

Aren't you still elligible for the Sussex Cup final?

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Please let Gary's last game be in the SSC Final at Falmer. If any player derserves to be in the game - and captain the Albion side - it's OGH.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Enjoyed that video very much, great reminder of some of the amazing times Gary's had at the club. Thanks for everything Gary and good luck wherever you end up next. :)

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Sad that a true Legend wont be playing for Albion again, i dont know if we will ever have a player like Harty again who will be with us his entire career.
Well done Harty and i always loved singing the Hart and Victoria Beckham song at away games

D

Deleted User X18H

No chance of a run out on the 16th July then?

summer

Apr 11, 2007
yes i hope so depends on where i am and if they let me play in it..but i am doing everything poss to get one game there ..lol..not waited 13 years for bloody nothing i can tell ya...and im not passing if play in the game too as want to score first goal there like i did at withdean..lol..joking.

lincs gull

lincs gull
Jun 12, 2011
peterborough,cambs
Sorry to see harty go,maybe see him back in a coaching role at some time.
Never post on these sites,have just watched the you tube video & just had to make my first post.
Gary hart a true albion legend & will be missed

lincs gull

lincs gull
Jun 12, 2011
peterborough,cambs
Sorry to see harty go,maybe see him back in a coaching role at some time.
Never post on these sites,have just watched the you tube video & just had to make my first post.
Gary hart a true albion legend & will be missed

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Great video for a great footballer. True Brighton hero. It's a shame he won't get to play in our new stadium :(

Unless he gets the nod for a testimonial or a legends game!

Just watched the vid, some fantastic finishing there, right from the top drawer. Don't care what anyone else says, OGH is a legend in my eyes!

Last edited:

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
OGH always gave a 100% commitment to the cause, and for that he will always be an Albion Legend in my eyes.

Just like Hans Kraay, Gary always gave 100% effort. Given some of the rough times we've been in, (and rough pitches) that in itself is credit to the man, in these days of fake superstars.

As it has been said often, with OGH in Slade's survival team, where would we be now?

£1000 sounds laughable now as we spend £1m on Buckley, but that grand has been repaid in bundles.

When the chapters of the Albion history are written, Gary Hart will be right up there with our other distinguished legends.

I just hope you get one more game in the SSC final.

Whatever you do in the future. Good luck Gary.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Brought a lump to my throat. Anyone who says different is either dead or a closet Palace fan.

I fecking love Gary Hart

Agreed. Will miss him and he has given the club great service.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I hadn't realised just how many excellent goals he had scored. And if you add his great defensive work at RB for a while it adds up to one helluva player. Always one of my heros and a true Albion legend. Good luck, Gary, wherever you go next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here