Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m with BG on this. Worth a punt in Jan if there are several other prem league sides after him as is widely reported.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m with BG on this. Worth a punt in Jan if there are several other prem league sides after him as is widely reported.

Each to his own. Who was the last old and slow player to come from the Scottish Premiership and have an impact in the Premier League?

I think you’ll find that we sell to Scotland’s top teams, not buy from them these days.

Maybe I’ve been whooshed....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would he be an improvement on Kayal here again with the slow build up that we use now. and rely on the wide men for the sudden break.

Wibble

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Not really what BG said though. He said Dicker would be an upgrade on Kayal and would influence our team enough to speed up our play.

Now I liked Dicker when he was here, and in the circumstance of injuries requiring someone to come in and do a job, Dicker might be capable, but I don't remember seeing anything from him that suggests he was ever in Kayal's class.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Each to his own. Who was the last old and slow player to come from the Scottish Premiership and have an impact in the Premier League?

I think you’ll find that we sell to Scotland’s top teams, not buy from them these days.

I'm thinking you have :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dont worry about it as I treat both of them as know all but know nothing about football and they just try to bully people into submission which doesnt work with me,. What most people forget is that this is a discussion forum and if we were all 100% correct we would have CH job but it is good to have opinions.

Personally I like some of your posts, agree with them and post to say so. On this occasion though, you're talking absolute shit. There are two absolutely enormous flaws in your argument. Firstly, Dicker's role was never to sit in front of and protect the back 4, that was what Liam Bridcutt was all about. Secondly, he's in his mid-thirties and his career is in decline - that is why he plays for Kilmarnock. He may be turning in handy performances against the likes of Dundee, St Mirren and Hamilton, but these sides are of league one standard, possibly league two. What next? Are you going to suggest we sign Fleetwood Town's Ched Evans as cover for Glenn Murray, seeing as he's scoring a few in league one and blatantly fails our "no dickheads" test?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dicker was decent in League 1. Patchy in the Championship.

I wonder what he'd be like now he's 5 years older, if he was playing in our midfield in the Premier League ? Perhaps maybe the Rochdale, Crawley and Carlisle fans could give us an idea, being as they've all seen him much more recently here in England.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dicker was decent in League 1. Patchy in the Championship.

I wonder what he'd be like now he's 5 years older, if he was playing in our midfield in the Premier League ? Perhaps maybe the Rochdale, Crawley and Carlisle fans could give us an idea, being as they've all seen him much more recently here in England.

Not forgetting that Kayal was streets ahead of Dicker in the Championship and one of our best players before his injury. The idea that he’d cut it in the Premier League is frankly laughable, but then I am a bit thick apparently so what do I know.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, Kayal - clearly rubbish. Barely league 1 standard [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dicker would have won the ball, burst through to the wing and then usd his weaker foot to set up Murray. With his eyes closed. #teamBG

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Not really what BG said though. He said Dicker would be an upgrade on Kayal and would influence our team enough to speed up our play.

Now I liked Dicker when he was here, and in the circumstance of injuries requiring someone to come in and do a job, Dicker might be capable, but I don't remember seeing anything from him that suggests he was ever in Kayal's class.

#TeamBG - Dicker is much better than Kayal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If BGs prematch physcology is to be believed, he knew Kayal reads NSC, and he knew saying the Israeli legend was not up to the standard of Gary Dicker going forwards fired up every sinew in that left foot as it whipped the ball into Sir Glenn. Well played BG, well played.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difference with Kayal's performance last night was that he didnt play in the Stephens role which most are advocating he played as AM more and Propper backed him up by doing the Stephens job The player who Kayal would replace on that showing is Gross so there comes the debate. On myoriginal point I think that Dicker would cover Stephens better than Kayal does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here