Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you two need to have some respect for your elders or does it make you feel to constantly have a pop at BG.

Pathetic.

Respect - almost always a two-way street - is commanded, not demanded, and it has very little to do with age alone.

Dont worry about it as I treat both of them as know all but know nothing about football and they just try to bully people into submission which doesnt work with me,. What most people forget is that this is a discussion forum and if we were all 100% correct we would have CH job but it is good to have opinions.

Meanwhile, the last word on your grizzle does have some ironic resonance here...

Interesting that BG is allowed an opinion, but those who pull him up on some of his more psychedelic ones, they are suddenly 'bullies'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Kayal isn't all that though, he may just about play Premier league football when when we cram all 11 of our players in our half, as soon as we are stretched he championship at best.

Dont agree..but neither was I joining on the bandwagon at the time that was praising him above Stephens ...and the comparison being made was with Kayal and Dicker...no contest

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gary Dicker was sheer brilliance for us. I'm not sure what he did to Russell Slade during that summer to find himself out of the team because he was one of the key reasons we stayed up in 2008. He thrived under Gus and he was perfect for that team. If you look at that Gus team, the key players are still playing at a good level which is unlike us. Generally, players leave us and then drift away into obscurity. A front three of Barnes, Wood and Murray was clearly too good for the level and for all three to be in the Premier League now is remarkable. Noone still doing a job in the Championship, Bridcutt and Elphick at Championship clubs, Dicker playing in the Scottish Premier League, Greer only now retired after establishing himself in the Championship. Calderon a club legend, El-Abd captaining Wycombe... Decent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gary Dicker was sheer brilliance for us. I'm not sure what he did to Russell Slade during that summer to find himself out of the team because he was one of the key reasons we stayed up in 2008. He thrived under Gus and he was perfect for that team. If you look at that Gus team, the key players are still playing at a good level which is unlike us. Generally, players leave us and then drift away into obscurity. A front three of Barnes, Wood and Murray was clearly too good for the level and for all three to be in the Premier League now is remarkable. Noone still doing a job in the Championship, Bridcutt and Elphick at Championship clubs, Dicker playing in the Scottish Premier League, Greer only now retired after establishing himself in the Championship. Calderon a club legend, El-Abd captaining Wycombe... Decent.

Nicely broadens the subject ...interesting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If people stopped, he’d stop.

Scene cuts to BG heading up the stairs with an inane but satisfied grin on his face. He is wearing blue and white stripped pyjamas with a navy dressing gown. He is navigating his staircase via a Stannah stair lift whilst whistling the theme from John Wilson’s ‘Go fishing’ series.

An elderly woman is lying in bed, bespectacled, reading a black and yellow book by the author, Charles H. Elliot.

BG enters the bedroom and stands in front of the bed in triumph.

Elderly Woman: You seem chipper? You been fishing again?

BG: Yes my darling, I’ve certainly bagged up today! The residents were restless!

Elderly Woman: You want to be careful dear, one day you’re going to open up a big can of worms there.

BG: Look, I’ve told you before pudding, I know what I’m doing. I caught a large one today too! It does make me chuckle!

Elderly woman: Your hooked, that’s your problem!

BG: It’s just so easy though; I can’t help myself! All I do is lay the bait in the right place and within a few hours, I’ve got me a net full!

Elderly woman: Seeing you’re so full of yourself, I suppose you’ll be wanting a fish supper tonight?

BG licks his lips.

BG: My thoughts exactly!

The elderly woman is seen lifting up the bottom of the duvet.

Black out.

Scene ends.

D

Deleted member 2719

Respect - almost always a two-way street - is commanded, not demanded, and it has very little to do with age alone.

Meanwhile, the last word on your grizzle does have some ironic resonance here...

Interesting that BG is allowed an opinion, but those who pull him up on some of his more psychedelic ones, they are suddenly 'bullies'.

My last post about this as it's not on topic.

BG has always had (Premier league) respect from me and you for example (struggling league 3) level of respect.

I suppose we are all different and maybe you could still strive to make the Premier league.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Scene cuts to BG heading up the stairs with an inane but satisfied grin on his face. He is wearing blue and white stripped pyjamas with a navy dressing gown. He is navigating his staircase via a Stannah stair lift whilst whistling the theme from John Wilson’s ‘Go fishing’ series.

An elderly woman is lying in bed, bespectacled, reading a black and yellow book by the author, Charles H. Elliot.

BG: Yes my darling, I’ve certainly bagged up today! The residents were restless!

Elderly Woman: You want to be careful dear, one day you’re going to open up a big can of worms there.

BG: Look, I’ve told you before pudding, I know what I’m doing. I caught a large one today too! It does make me chuckle!

BG: It’s just so easy though; I can’t help myself! All I do is lay the bait in the right place and within a few hours, I’ve got me a net full!

Elderly woman: Seeing you’re so full of yourself, I suppose you’ll be wanting a fish supper tonight?

BG licks his lips.

Black out.

Scene ends.

Cheap, but great:cheers:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

BG licks his lips.

Black out.

Scene ends.

Is the elderly woman called BensGrandma?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This. Never happened in Goldston days. Also, Vokes (who we never fancied) Bennett, and Carole - albeit his appearance for Pink Penis FC on wiki seems a bit 'made-up' :lolol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sébastien_Carole

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My last post about this as it's not on topic.

BG has always had (Premier league) respect from me and you for example (struggling league 3) level of respect.

I suppose we are all different and maybe you could still strive to make the Premier league.

Genuinely, I try to reply to POSTS, not POSTERS. if the post is patently nonsense, I’ll challenge it, with another opinion. I’ll not pretend it isn’t nonsense, just because the poster in question might be old - that would be pretty patronising IMO.

If it isn’t only nonsense, but also based on groundless prejudice against a player who has only ever been a perfect professional for the Albion, then i’ll definitely challenge it, whether the poster is 9, 19 or 90.

Interestingly here, you cry ‘disrespect’ over a couple of blunt, but valid opinions on football, but not over someone making fun about the old boy’s sex life. Very odd.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BG licks his lips.

Black out.

Scene ends.

grotesque.

:facepalm:
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here