Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gary Dicker Retires

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We need an experienced pro who knows exactly what the fans expect from a player who pulls on the stripes. A player whose attitude and work rate are already known to all. So, Leon Best.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We need an experienced pro who knows exactly what the fans expect from a player who pulls on the stripes. A player whose attitude and work rate are already known to all. So, Leon Best.

Agreed. Shame we can't field two overage players, Chuba Akpom could have joined him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last saw him doing media for the Southampton game. I guess he must be on an Aspinall kick down there as he was pretty much supporting them, referring them to as 'us' and never mentioning his connections with Brighton.

Thanks to Gary. A vital part of Poyet's team that began this journey. Played out of his skin in the Championship winning season.

We need to go and get Calde or Orlandi, or get El Capitan to turn out for the odd game. You know that you'd all go and watch. If they were seriously wanting someone, Roman Vincelot might be good.

Andrea Orlandi had to retire a few years ago because of a heart problem. He is a pundit on Spanish tv now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Andrea Orlandi had to retire a few years ago because of a heart problem. He is a pundit on Spanish tv now.

Hope he's well. If his writings whilst at Blackpool were anything to go by, he probably does a pretty good job as a pundit.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He does our Northern scouting I think so not around this neck of the woods anymore.

Kinda

Since Weir joined they mixed things up and Greer now is the link for all our CB's out on loan as well as working alongside those in the academy

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kinda

Since Weir joined they mixed things up and Greer now is the link for all our CB's out on loan as well as working alongside those in the academy

Rather busy then.

I can imagine him rather wistfully looking at the office of the strikers equivalent:-

images (1).jpeg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tommy Elphick I but I’m not sure we need anymore centre backs in our under 23s.

If Dicker still holds a coaching role in the under 23s I don’t think we would look to replace them.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Adam Hinshlewood becoming part of our set up talking around ex players.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Tommy Elphick I but I’m not sure we need anymore centre backs in our under 23s.

If Dicker still holds a coaching role in the under 23s I don’t think we would look to replace them.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Adam Hinshlewood becoming part of our set up talking around ex players.

Coaching from the sidelines is one thing but the added value in having someone on the pitch modelling what is being asked of people is a huge bonus. I think we will add someone into the role

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Because our U23s are better than someone that's been knocking around in the Scottish Prem for years...

I still love you though Gary, dont think i dont.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If we are going to go down the central midfield route a la Crofts and Dicker then Bridcutt would be good, if perhaps a bit young. Would love to see Kayal back at the club in some capacity too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here