Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker - MotM?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I get the feeling that sponsors chat before the game and decide who their favourite player is and he will get MoM, however he plays!!

MoM tonight Dicker.. MoM saturday CMS... Never IMO!

WB should have got the decision on Saturday,even though it was short and very sweet.. Tonight no player really stood out for me.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought Dicker had the best half of football I've seen him play tonight (2nd), but that ain't saying a lot. I can't think the match sponsors were within 10 miles of the pitch tbh, but FWIW I thought Dunk was decent - as was Buckley, Noone, Bridcutt & GG. The penalty wasn't a penalty either, but I wasn't complaining. My final thoughts would be that there's room for a LOT of improvement. Let's hope they get their arses in gear on Saturday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I used to have to do the entertainment when my business sponsored West Ham. As main sponsors we had about 50 places and always had to invite the wives of guests to make the numbers up - it was in the days of Lee Chapman (before he was known as a thug) and the women would always vote for him and he'd get MOTM 50% of the time - used to piss myself, he'd even get votes when he wasn't playing

Didn't go last night but Vincelot sounded very useful

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thought Bridders, Sir Vincelot, Dunk and Super Will were all excellent last night but sometimes it's the work off the ball that Dicker does so well which, in the second half he was very good at.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Threads like these are great as it shows that everyone has different opinions of the game: For me, I thought Dunk was very composed on the ball and looks a real talent, greer gave the ball away far to much tonight, some hopeless long balls in the first half, painter and Caldy assured as ever, Dicker had a very poor game, Barnes looked off the pace, he doesnt run into space enough which in turn leads to space being created for Noone and Buckly to run into and his 1st touch was a bit heavy tonight, Noone and Buckly had good games, but not as effective as Sat, how many crosses did we have in total? 8 in 90 mins when we had 80% of the play? The new guy vincelot showed some neat touches and worked hard but for me the stand out player by a country mile was Bridcut, worked his socks off, broke Gills play up constantly, hardly gave the ball away and was involved with the majority of our better attacks. HE for me the key player this season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Buckley gave the ball away a lot in the 1st half, I would give it to Noone because he was dangerous throughout.

He may have given the ball away occasionally but he was the difference for us tonight.

I sound like a broken record but DICKER GIVES THE BALL AWAY IN DANGEROUS AREAS EVERY MATCH! The one in the first 10 minutes again came from him taking an age to get the ball out from under his feet. If he's making these mistakes against L2 opposition, he'll continue to make them against Championship ones.

Personally, (and I'm certain Gus has already identified this) I think we need two new CMs: 1 creative and one big. Who they are and where we get them is a dirrerent question.

Also, thought Vincelot looked good on the ball, Noone is a must starter now and Greer and Dunk are a good partnership already.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bit of a joke really, from the moment he gave the ball away early on to their centre forward it was not the same Dicker from last season and he was definitely not the best player on the pitch last night

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Buckley did really well for you, but in the second half he was a bit too greedy on occasion. Thought Bridcutt was excllent, he allowed the centre backs to keep the ball, drew their midfield in, did loads of work and kept the tempo of possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here