Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gareth Bale

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I read that he has successfully trade marked some hand gesture he does when he scores. How on earth does this work?

No, he wouldn't be able to do that. What he's done, is trademarked a (shit) LOGO, based on his hand gesture - hands shaping a heart, with his number in the centre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It doesn't look like a 6 year old has drawn it either.

balemark.jpg

It looks like a weird crab. Does he seriously think he can sell weird crab shaped jewellery and clothing with this on it? The mind boggles.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Images in trade mark applications are for, er, illustrative purposes only.

ANY image which features that hand gesture and number is covered.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Images in trade mark applications are for, er, illustrative purposes only.

ANY image which features that hand gesture and number is covered.

The number in the middle must be crucial to this then, as the actual hand-heart logo itself is seen elsewhere and has been for years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Spurs should snap their hands off for £85m. I doubt he'll improve on last season and his value will never be hyped up more than it is now.

Tottenham are desperate for strikers and could get a top player to replace in midfield for that, although it could be too late now as all the best players have already been sold.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'd sell my own mum for £85m! You could argue that Levi's pride is getting in the way of Spurs getting the Champions League. As we saw last year, Bale isn't good enough to do it on his own but 3/4 £20m players could easily be what it takes.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re Southampton, the way I read it is they WERE going to get 25% of any profit Spurs made on the player. Therefore, £85m less £10m = £75m / 4 = £18.75m.

Brilliant business by Spurs, but ethically wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re Southampton, the way I read it is they WERE going to get 25% of any profit Spurs made on the player. Therefore, £85m less £10m = £75m / 4 = £18.75m.

Brilliant business by Spurs, but ethically wrong.
Meh. It's not really Spurs' fault that Southampton got into a financial mess, so much so that they had to waive their sell on clause for a pittance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here