Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaming - 2017

Sulcy

Sep 23, 2015
Horizon: Zero Dawn & Detroit: Becoming Human are the two i'm looking out for this year.

Days Gone is also one to watch but probably wont be out until next year...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Horizon: Zero Dawn & Detroit: Becoming Human are the two i'm looking out for this year.

Days Gone is also one to watch but probably wont be out until next year...

Got the platinum for Horizon. Brilliant game.

Pillars of Eternity is out now. Will be buying this soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rainbow 6 is where it's at.

Got 3 messages from teenagers yesterday saying I was sick (not actually joking).

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Steam Sale starts in 3 hours. Not expecting much though, may pick up the new Football Manager

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Resurrecting this ol' thread to ask a question - can any of you knowledgeable types help me out with a specific Mac spec. query?

“Labyrinth WoT” (fabulous board game) arrives on the Steam store tomorrow in Early Access; I would like to buy it but I have a very un-gamey 2010 Macbook, hence this pause for thought.

The game’s graphic requirements ask for:
** nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 256mb or ATI Radeon HD 5670 256mb or Intel HD Graphics 4600 **

but my machine has this:
** NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB **

I have looked around on hardware comparison sites but they only seem to tell me that ‘newer is better’ (duh); so I was hoping someone here might be able to say definitively whether or not I’ll be able to run it. I mean, graphics cards? I’m not asking it to run Call of Duty or anything, just playing cards floating around a screen. Or perhaps it isn’t that cut and dried. I don’t know anymore.

What do you reckon?

Fwiw, here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/931950/Labyrinth_The_War_on_Terror/

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Biggest game to be released soon is The Last Of Us part 2 soon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Resurrecting this ol' thread to ask a question - can any of you knowledgeable types help me out with a specific Mac spec. query?

“Labyrinth WoT” (fabulous board game) arrives on the Steam store tomorrow in Early Access; I would like to buy it but I have a very un-gamey 2010 Macbook, hence this pause for thought.

** nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 256mb or ATI Radeon HD 5670 256mb or Intel HD Graphics 4600 **

but my machine has this:

I have looked around on hardware comparison sites but they only seem to tell me that ‘newer is better’ (duh); so I was hoping someone here might be able to say definitively whether or not I’ll be able to run it. I mean, graphics cards? I’m not asking it to run Call of Duty or anything, just playing cards floating around a screen. Or perhaps it isn’t that cut and dried. I don’t know anymore.

What do you reckon?

Fwiw, here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/931950/Labyrinth_The_War_on_Terror/
This doesn't look promising

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Mobility-Radeon-HD-5670-Mac-vs-GeForce-9400M

Or this

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...-vs-Intel-HD-4600-Mobile-115-GHz/m7998vsm7676

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

but my machine has this:

What do you reckon?

The closest comparison is between nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 256mb and your card. **Scrap that, yours is intergrated so the closest comparison is the one in the post above (HD4600)**

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-260-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-9400M/3160vsm7998

Time to upgrade your GPU? **Scrap that too, just realized you have a macbook**

It doesn't look good, on the plus side Steam refunds are always given for any reason as long as you have < 2hours play time.

So buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work, refund it.

(Or invest in a new machine).

Last edited:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The closest comparison is between nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 256mb and your card. **Scrap that, yours is intergrated so the closest comparison is the one in the post above (HD4600)**

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-260-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-9400M/3160vsm7998

Time to upgrade your GPU? **Scrap that too, just realized you have a macbook**

It doesn't look good, on the plus side Steam refunds are always given for any reason as long as you have < 2hours play time.

So buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work, refund it.

(Or invest in a new machine).

Bless you. I didn't know that. This is my first foray into Steam and am discovering a world of acronyms and numbers I only vaguely knew existed. Thanks for shining a pinprick of light onto it for me!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right ho. I've put in 'mine' and 'theirs' as the comparison, and to be 800ish% worse isn't the result I was looking for, is it. Will this result in the machine taking 800% more time to draw what's on the screen? *gulp*

There will be a lot more people on here who know more than me but a modern laptop with on board graphics will only run basic games - let alone a 10 year old one. I did have a problem with stuttering on Ticket to Ride on a laptop a few years ago which is probably a similar style of game to what you are looking at.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I did have a problem with stuttering on Ticket to Ride on a laptop a few years ago which is probably a similar style of game to what you are looking at.

That's exactly the level I'm looking at. Thank you. I'll try what DingoDan suggested though... Hopes not quite as high as they were 5 minutes ago!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wow this is an old bump!

Waiting for Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us 2. Oh, and Cyberpunk 2077.

WatchDogs Legion is out 6th March too!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Oh yeah, I remember watching some stuff about that last year.

I quite enjoyed Watchdogs but never bothered with the 2nd one. I think at the time I was in a "too many open world games" slump. Might check this out though.

I could never get into the second one either, I couldn't get on with the "woke millennial" vibe of the main characters.

Hoping for better this time, and most of all I'm really excited for an open world game set in London, the city looks pretty awesome from what I have seen so far.

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
Wow this is an old bump!

Waiting for Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us 2. Oh, and Cyberpunk 2077.
Have you played Cyberpunk already? What is your impression of the game. There are so many bad reviews about Cyberpunk that I decided to postpone purchasing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here