Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaetan Bong has signed a new one year contract...

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Just don't understand the negative comments about Bong. Okay has not hit the levels of when he first signed (before his injury) but seems good business to me. 1 Year contract that wont break the bank and shouldn't get caught out by lack of pace which is very important in the top league. Not the best player on the ball but very rarely gets caught out defensively, and if CH wants him its good enough for me. Have people suddenly decided we have become Real Madrid and should be signing Marcelo and Danny Rose to battle out the first choice left back spot?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Are you really that much of :dunce: :wanker: ?

On this positive thread about Bong, you seem unable to read. Bong is quality and has pace. We missed him during his injury layoffs. How many times does that need to be typed out for you? I also hope we manage to sign Pog.

Your posts had all the ingredients of a satirical shitfest, particularly PL clubs circling to pick up our other devalued players in Skalak, Norwood and Hemed, despite them already being contracted and unlikely to spark interest.

Apologies if I misunderstood, though I'm still not entirely convinced I was wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your posts had all the ingredients of a satirical shitfest, particularly PL clubs circling to pick up our other devalued players in Skalak, Norwood and Hemed, despite them already being contracted and unlikely to spark interest.

Apologies if I misunderstood, though I'm still not entirely convinced I was wrong.

I accept your qualified apology.

I've genuinely rated Bong, Rosenoir and Pog throughout. We were weak at fullback whenever Bruno was injured and Calderon's legs finally came to the end. Three great signings/loan that ended that weakness.

Need to sign Pog now, and tie all the other players to longer, better paid contracts.

Bucephalus

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Think Bong will be steady at PL level without pulling up trees although suspect he may be the cover for that position and we'll end up signing a slightly higher profile left back.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I've genuinely rated Bong, Rosenoir and Pog throughout. We were weak at fullback whenever Bruno was injured and Calderon's legs finally came to the end. Three great signings/loan that ended that weakness.

Need to sign Pog now, and tie all the other players to longer, better paid contracts.

I will forever love the bloke for that cross to beat massive with 10, and the free kick at loftus but I don't think we will sign him.

It would be nice if we did in terms of squad togetherness, particularly Knocky who seemed to get on with him well. Unfortunately I think his willingness to go to ground and rashness will prompt CH to look elsewhere and bring in someone new as first choice.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just don't understand the negative comments about Bong. Okay has not hit the levels of when he first signed (before his injury) but seems good business to me. 1 Year contract that wont break the bank and shouldn't get caught out by lack of pace which is very important in the top league. Not the best player on the ball but very rarely gets caught out defensively, and if CH wants him its good enough for me. Have people suddenly decided we have become Real Madrid and should be signing Marcelo and Danny Rose to battle out the first choice left back spot?

Completely disagree. For me he is by far and away the weakest member of our defence and will be crucified in the Premier League. Too often gets caught out of position and not good enough at blocking crosses. I will happily be proven wrong and hope he has a blinding season (the prem may suit him more) but I just don't rate him and never have. Would be satisfied if he is a back up but if he is to be a starter he will be targeted most games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I will forever love the bloke for that cross to beat massive with 10, and the free kick at loftus but I don't think we will sign him.

It would be nice if we did in terms of squad togetherness, particularly Knocky who seemed to get on with him well. Unfortunately I think his willingness to go to ground and rashness will prompt CH to look elsewhere to bring in someone new as first choice.

For gods sake you pair of poofs. Kiss and make up and be done with it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely disagree. For me he is by far and away the weakest member of our defence and will be crucified in the Premier League. Too often gets caught out of position and not good enough at blocking crosses. I will happily be proven wrong and hope he has a blinding season (the prem may suit him more) but I just don't rate him and never have. Would be satisfied if he is a back up but if he is to be a starter he will be targeted most games.

I never saw him as a weak link.

Sometimes, our winger didn't support him, so he was overloaded 2 to 1 down that flank.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nice to see how he does (hopefully as a back-up) at this level. If we need him for a few games we know he'll do a decent job but I'd hope we're looking at someone else for the first team at left back too!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Excellent news, he'll keep the bench dry if it rains on match day [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One year is shit, I'd be looking for a club that offered me a future.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

I'm not saying he will be unreal in the premier league but think the club has signed him as a squad player. Yer the league will be ten times tougher next season but he never got roasted in the championship.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I guess the club have to consider his injury form. He does what is needed on the pitch and if he was never out injured his contract offer may have been longer.

Ok they are off our scale salary wise, however I would still be looking about, Stephens, 4 year contract, Dunk, 5 year contract, and wondering why I got a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here