Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury v AJ

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but I see this as Fury dodging Usyk for a big pay day fight against an opponent he knows he can beat. I think Fury thinks like me that there is an outside chance that Usyk could beat him points. I bet the limited bodybuilding chump can't believe he's getting a sniff of this pay day.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
AJ would fight Fury without a second thought.
Fury has no intention of fighting AJ in December.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely AJ's camp are in no position to make any demands about anything now? Money, venue, anything.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sorry but I see this as Fury dodging Usyk for a big pay day fight against an opponent he knows he can beat. I think Fury thinks like me that there is an outside chance that Usyk could beat him points. I bet the limited bodybuilding chump can't believe he's getting a sniff of this pay day.

How is he dodging Usyk ?

Usyk has said he is injured and can’t fight again this year… so Fury looking for a fight in December with someone else instead.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think another publicity stunt from Fury. One minute he's retired, then he wants to fight Chisora even though there is not much interest in the general public for that.

It's still a big event if it happens but I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Latest I saw is Fury wants fight in November and is offering AJ 35% of the purse

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think another publicity stunt from Fury. One minute he's retired, then he wants to fight Chisora even though there is not much interest in the general public for that.

It's still a big event if it happens but I would take this with a pinch of salt.

I don’t know I think he has sat around and knows deep down that if he retires without fighting AJ and Usyk it will tarnish his legacy. If he manages to pull off a AJ winter fight and 2023 Usyk date and passes both tests he can retire considerably richer and in the knowledge he has beaten everyone worth a fight in the division.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How is he dodging Usyk ?

Usyk has said he is injured and can’t fight again this year… so Fury looking for a fight in December with someone else instead.

OK fair comment I didn't think the injuries had been officially confirmed by Usyk's camp. However, I would still highlight the the enthusiasm that Fury is going after an AJ fight as opposed to the 'song and dance' that will inevitably surround any fight with Usyk. All we hope for is that Fury banishes AJ to a contract for Strictly or I'm a Celebrity!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies if fixtures, have they said it will be at the Millennium Stadium with the roof shut?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm no expert but a 40% split for a guy with no titles and back to back defeats seems a good deal! especially with the numbers this fight would bring in overall!

But 60% to fight a guy you'll probably beat one handed while reading a book with the other hand is probably not too bad a night's work either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apologies if fixtures, have they said it will be at the Millennium Stadium with the roof shut?

No. The fight hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone the venue or even the country.

But if it takes place in November in the UK, then Cardiff with the retractable roof would be the obvious choice I'd have thought.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it's PPV I shan't be watching. Wherever it is held - Wembley, the Council House (formerly the Olympic) Stadium, Kabul or somewhere ISIS want it, I won't be buying a ticket anyway, so why should I care?
I would be more interested if AJ first handed Wilder (and the USA) their arse on a plate for dodging Wilder vs. AJ in the first place, just to keep Wilder's (and the USA's) hands on a shred of the heavyweight world title they believed to be theirs by right.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I still have no idea if this is genuine from Fury - he comes out with so much rubbish and spin it’s impossible to tell.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sure if AJ/Hearn have their way it will be in Saudi, 40% of a lot more money and the opportunity to further the cause of boxing in the state, still think they will push for something closer to 50/50.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
AJ would be mad (or wildly egotistical, or running scared) not to take 40/60

His reputation has been shredded over the last couple of years and a chance to redeem it would surely be too good to turn down. If he took it and won, he could then get back to taking the lions share of the purse and see out his career fighting bums in Saudi Arabia until they put someone good in front of it again.

Lose and that's it, maybe the odd fight against Whyte or Joyce in London, but that's sort of the risk he has to take now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here