Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury v AJ

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Firestick job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a serious note, there must be a tipping point where the cost of a PPV fight forces enough people to piracy that it ultimately costs the promoters money. It's relatively recent that 'big' fights increased to £20 from £15, which soon became the norm for fights which historically would never even made it to PPV in the first place.

No doubt this is a momentous fight in the history of boxing and it was always going to be a step up from £20, but they've lost the plot if they hike the prices by 150% to £50. No 'kin way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only way it becomes palatable is if you have a few mates round and all chip in a fiver. Otherwise - f*ck that.

If it ever happens, and its not at 3-4am, then I'll probably catch it on IPTV. But the endless boring negotiations bollocks on this is already turning me right off.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't pay a penny to watch two blokes punch each other, I could just go down west street.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would just find a stream (and there will be plenty) if it was silly money. Would pay up to £20 to watch on TV. If however it is at 2am or some nonsense then sod that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Joshua will comfortably beat him.
Mark my words.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Fury wins this...

A real fight this Sat Canelo vs Saunders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Are you getting the excuses in early?

Fury is fit already. Will lose the bit of flab he's carrying in camp when he goes onto his strict nutrionist diet controlled by George Lockhart.

Like Tyson said himself on that Hearn podcast. The only thing that can beat him in this fight is himself. If he bring anywhere near his A game Joshua is going to get embarrassed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fury is fit already. Will lose the bit of flab he's carrying in camp when he goes onto his strict nutrionist diet controlled by George Lockhart.

Like Tyson said himself on that Hearn podcast. The only thing that can beat him in this fight is himself. If he bring anywhere near his A game Joshua is going to get embarrassed.

Fair enough. If he does get beat I hope he is magnanimous and doesn’t say he was off his game or whatever. It just seems to me that Fury, and the odd supporter, are preparing the ground in case the fight doesn’t go the way he keeps saying it will.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/62800068

Could the fight everyone wants to see take place THIS YEAR?!

Fury has sent AJ's camp what are deemed to be credible proposals for the super-fight in December but still likely to be some disagreement about the venue, Hearn/AJ are likely to favour Saudi and I imagine AJ will want 50%+ of the purse, but oh my if they pull this off what a Winterval treat we have on our hands.

:clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Fury has sent AJ's camp what are deemed to be credible proposals for the super-fight in December but still likely to be some disagreement about the venue, Hearn/AJ are likely to favour Saudi and I imagine AJ will want 50%+ of the purse, but oh my if they pull this off what a Winterval treat we have on our hands.

I think we're about to find out if that includes Anthony Joshua.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No way van AJ ask for 50/50 anymore.

He should take 25% and thank Fury for the opportunity.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

We had all this BS from Fury before calling out AJ. Even though Fury knew he was contracted for the rematch with Wilder and wouldn't have been able to fight AJ anyway.

AJ has gone now as a credible contender. I think the fight most people would want to see is a unification fight with Usyk. I would probably pay to watch that. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch an AJ fight now. His time has come and gone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought Fury had retired, or would only box for 500m, or would box for free?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here