Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fun random facts

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Rugby players and fans think they’re it and better than their footballing equivalents but, ironically, rugby is actually just an elaborate excuse made up on the spot by a Victorian schoolboy when he was caught cheating at football.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If the current bottom three go on to complete this season at their current points per game average, we need only 1 more point to be mathematically safe.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Gekckos stick to ceilings because their feet are covered in hairs so fine and numerous that they create a molecular bond!
The average cumulus cloud weighs the equivalent of 20,000 elephants!
People that went to Eaton were chosen by God to rule Britain!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Burnley is a shit hole

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Fewer shots.

Shots is a countable noun.

Very few fun facts do not concern correct grammar.

Fun fact , fewer and less used to be used interchangeably, but then some 18th century dullard decided that it would help them identify members of the in group if they adopted a convention where one was used for countable nouns and the other for uncountable. By the late 20th century normal people were again using the words interchangeably, but then the supermarkets use of less on signage alerted this fact to the sort of people who want to become parish councillors. Now how people use less is once again under attack from Daily Mail letters writers and other types who don't know the difference between actual grammar rules and pointless pedantry. I really wish there were less of these smug ******** around wasting peoples time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
28,417,236 minutes ago I was watching my first Albion match.

(I've also lived for 2,273.200.838 seconds (and counting)).

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
2 football related:

Football was NOT invented by Sky with the introduction of the Premier League in '92.

The current game of football does NOT revolve around M1ke Dean.

M1ke Dean alone is responsible for 7% of all red cards shown in the Premier League era.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The depositing of glass bottles into street recycling containers in banned in many areas of Germany between the hours of 12.00 to 14.00 Monday to Friday. It's so people having their lunch or taking a nap aren't disturbed by potential noise.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The depositing of glass bottles into street recycling containers in banned in many areas of Germany between the hours of 12.00 to 14.00 Monday to Friday. It's so people having their lunch or taking a nap aren't disturbed by potential noise.

I wish the collection of recycling was banned between certain hours. Every other Friday morning I get woken up between 6:15-6:30 by the noise of all the recycling boxes being collected and tipped into the lorry. Bloody ridiculous time of day to be doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here