Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full national lockdown (not education) 4/11 - 1/12 possible

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"I had to go to my second home in Cornwall for the weekend to get inspiration for a book I'm writing about a posh bloke with a house in Cornwall"

In the spring / summer a mate of mine in the same road, with a south facing front garden, stuck two chairs in the front garden two metres apart and away from the garden wall / pavement. It was well known he'd be out there on a Friday evening after work with a cold beer or two so friends popping by would take a seat in the spare chair or on the garden wall and have a beer and a chat. I suspect you could still do the wall thing now, though it would be cold, wet and dark so not quite the same :lolol:

Why are you going to Barbados.

Business

Great, thanks - off you pop.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
People have brought it on themselves by not obeying the rules and seeking to find loopholes to suit themselves. Look at those up North partying in the street after the pubs closed.
The media haven't helped by featuring those whinging about losses. What about those thousands catching it and in hospital and those dying.
The Government tries to walk a tightrope between the economy and health . It was inevitable.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever political angle you’re coming from, whatever views you have on the actual lockdown and it’s effectiveness etc. It’s happening and however long this one lasts I wish everybody the best with it. Whatever your circumstances, I hope you stay sane and healthy and get to be around loved ones if safe to do so.
All the best.
TTFN TC
:)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why are you going to Barbados.

Business

Great, thanks - off you pop.
Lots of flights will be cancelled aparantly.

On a side note barbs is a nightmare to get into at the moment and you need to test again once you are there.

Mexico on the other hand looking good....again, sadly no direct flights to Cancun just Mexico city.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sunak tweeted his support for Cummings' rule breaking as well, so he is as complicit in that sorry episode as the others.

Speaking of which, does this lockdown apply to Cummings this time ?

I think he has managed to distance himself from a lot of the disasters, U turns and broken promises though, he's managed to give plenty of money away without revealing how he is going to get it back, that's when he will lose some " lustre " !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
reckon the cases could be brought down by stopping schools and Unis. Thats where the biggest spread starts.

The way they've done this , I cant see the numbers coming down enough for 4 weeks to be enough,

Also interesting from speaking to friends and family today , how many have plotted what rules they can bend themselves. ( Visiting parents seems to be the main one )

Will be different from the first this one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its daft having universities open, when they are known large contributor to cases and courses are mostly online anyway. yet pubs and restaurants with very few cases, are shut. im pretty sure the economics dont support this either.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
its daft having universities open, when they are known large contributor to cases and courses are mostly online anyway. yet pubs and restaurants with very few cases, are shut. im pretty sure the economics dont support this either.

You say pubs and restaurants have few cases, but that's not entirely true, studies have up to 18% of new clusters attributed to hospitality - that's cluster, so multiple cases.

Clearly work and education are the biggest drivers, but it appears nobody wants to shut education down, so hospitality cops it...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You say pubs and restaurants have few cases, but that's not entirely true, studies have up to 18% of new clusters attributed to hospitality - that's cluster, so multiple cases.

Clearly work and education are the biggest drivers, but it appears nobody wants to shut education down, so hospitality cops it...

Education was covered on LBC this afternoon. A report in the NY Times based on a scientific study of 50,000 kids showed that they are not super spreaders, under 10’s don’t appear to spread the virus at all. Full credit to Starmer for not party politicising this particular point.

In so many ways kids need school. Already schools have reported that significant numbers have simply never returned since March, not 16 year olds, disappeared off the radar. Mental health, friendships, education (the poor don’t all have laptops for every kid), structure to their day and week.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Education was covered on LBC this afternoon. A report in the NY Times based on a scientific study of 50,000 kids showed that they are not super spreaders, under 10’s don’t appear to spread the virus at all. Full credit to Starmer for not party politicising this particular point.

In so many ways kids need school. Already schools have reported that significant numbers have simply never returned since March, not 16 year olds, disappeared off the radar. Mental health, friendships, education (the poor don’t all have laptops for every kid), structure to their day and week.

Schools will be shut inside a month.

The campaigning has already started

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Some teaching unions have been in weeks in readiness, this is just a continuum.

So angry with these lockdowns and restrictions on civil liberties, is this one of your “Right then, everything can bloody close down then”?

I’m not angry in the slightest, I’m depressed about the state of the country and what will be left after another 2/3 month lockdown

Sage advisors have done the normal trick of going to the press today to crank up the pressure, so it’s only a matter of time before they shut.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not angry in the slightest, I’m depressed about the state of the country and what will be left after another 2/3 month lockdown

Sage advisors have done the normal trick of going to the press today to crank up the pressure, so it’s only a matter of time before they shut.

No one, unless they’re a spiteful sole who’s sitting on secure income and wishes ill on others, is happy about the events of this year. The UK and virtually everywhere else will be paying off debt for decades.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here