Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full national lockdown (not education) 4/11 - 1/12 possible

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Anyone know if hotels will be allowed to have guests under this new lockdown?

From that guidance:

"Overnight stays and holidays away from primary residences will not be allowed- including holidays in the UK and abroad. This includes staying in a second home, if you own one, or staying with anyone you do not live with or are in a support bubble with. There are specific exceptions, for example if you need to stay away from home (including in a second home) for work purposes."

So - only for work, elite sports, etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From that guidance:

"Overnight stays and holidays away from primary residences will not be allowed- including holidays in the UK and abroad. This includes staying in a second home, if you own one, or staying with anyone you do not live with or are in a support bubble with. There are specific exceptions, for example if you need to stay away from home (including in a second home) for work purposes."

For government advisors who fancy a weekend away?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
From that guidance:

Thank you. Ive got a stay booked in a Premier Inn in a couple of weeks, trying to figure out if they will still even be open for guests. Havent tried to contact them yet at this stage

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It will be extended . This Government unfortunately can’t treat us like adults and give us the full picture in one go.

There are a lot of people in this country that can't act like adults, hence why we have got here. At least all the :tosser: who got 80% of their wage won't be able to sit on the beach sticking their two fingers up at everybody else this time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There are a lot of people in this country that can't act like adults, hence why we have got here. At least all the :tosser: who got 80% of their wage won't be able to sit on the beach sticking their two fingers up at everybody else this time.

Controversial! I found it very hard working through whilst my neighbours were sat in there garden drinking gin all afternoon, I have to admit, but what are they supposed to do if they can't work?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Controversial! I found it very hard working through whilst my neighbours were sat in there garden drinking gin all afternoon, I have to admit, but what are they supposed to do if they can't work?

My guess is that a big story in the spring time will be the number of problem gamblers. Losing the option of simply sitting outside for hours will almost certainly lead people to other activities to pass the time. Hopefully I am wrong.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm struggling to think of any members of the Cabinet other than Sunak, who have not yet been thrown under the bus in the last year. They have all either lied to support each other ( Gove " I have driven as a way of testing my eyesight too...") or protect themselves ( Jenrick " I don't recall sitting next to a property developer then letting him off a £40m tax bill a few days later. ") ( Hancock, too many lies and deciets to mention)...... and sadly, they will ride this out as well.
Sunak tweeted his support for Cummings' rule breaking as well, so he is as complicit in that sorry episode as the others.

Speaking of which, does this lockdown apply to Cummings this time ?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I would expect some ‘rule-breaking’ to emerge / be exposed as we go through the month (and beyond if it comes to that)

Quite a few more grey areas this time- for example travel in uk and abroad, and travel to second homes, is within the rules provided that is for work purposes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would expect some ‘rule-breaking’ to emerge / be exposed as we go through the month (and beyond if it comes to that)

Quite a few more grey areas this time- for example travel in uk and abroad, and travel to second homes, is within the rules provided that is for work purposes.

Some rules are very grey to say the least, you cannot meet in someones garden but you can meet an individual in public, so just step out the garden onto the street ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
From that guidance:

Not sure Southend United fall into that category! :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

"I had to go to my second home in Cornwall for the weekend to get inspiration for a book I'm writing about a posh bloke with a house in Cornwall"

Some rules are very grey to say the least, you cannot meet in someones garden but you can meet an individual in public, so just step out the garden onto the street ?

In the spring / summer a mate of mine in the same road, with a south facing front garden, stuck two chairs in the front garden two metres apart and away from the garden wall / pavement. It was well known he'd be out there on a Friday evening after work with a cold beer or two so friends popping by would take a seat in the spare chair or on the garden wall and have a beer and a chat. I suspect you could still do the wall thing now, though it would be cold, wet and dark so not quite the same :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Lots of people who can't act like adults in most European countries it seems going by your thinking; cases rising everywhere. We're here because it was always going to happen once we opened up again, just as it will rise again once this next lockdown is eased (if it has an effect in the first place what with schools staying open etc).

Not saying I know the answer, and not saying we should stay locked up by any means, but without a vaccine we're going to keep having these waves as all countries are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here