Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not at our best, but we can't complain as Fulham were the better team overall. Well organised and put lots of effort in.
We didn't make good decisions at times. Very frustrating but overall a good start to the season.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Am I not allowed an opinion?
Or is that right only reserved for the high and mighty that never say anything bad about the team no matter how poor the performance?
I didn't single anyone out, I didn't slag off potters decisions, I just said let's forget this shit and move on, but if I'm supposed to say or think something else then please let me know what is allowed and I'll fall in line sir.

Your of course allowed an opinion .....but its not an airport there is no need to announce your departure....turn off your stream and dont watch but no need to announce it to the world.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You learn more from failure than success, and tonight we found out that we need to play with a target man to hold the ball up.

Was tonight's team selection a message to the recruitment team to pull thier finger out and find that cover for Danny Welbeck which Potter mentioned recently?

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I don’t always mind loosing if we’re outplayed but that was abysmal, especially by the recent standards set. So many sloppy passes, errors and giving the ball away. Credit to Fulham, they were dogged and determined and Mitrovic was excellent but boy did we make it easy for them and hard for ourselves. Disappointing to lose in that way.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pukki had a better start to the season than he has had. He'll fall away like he always does.

Well if he does, I wish he’d “fallen away” after he scored against us!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You learn more from failure than success, and tonight we found out that we need to play with a target man to hold the ball up.

Was tonight's team selection a message to the recruitment team to pull thier finger out and find that cover for Danny Welbeck which Potter mentioned recently?

I'm pretty certain GP would never engage in tactics like that with the board

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Your of course allowed an opinion .....but its not an airport there is no need to announce your departure....turn off your stream and dont watch but no need to announce it to the world.

You're*
And it's a forum, I can and will say and/or discuss whatever I feel like, I don't need your permission and never asked for it.

Damn that’s some of the worst time wasting I’ve ever seen. How many of those added minutes was the ball even in play? 1?

yeah but it was our own fault. if sanchez had lobbed the ball out from the missed freekick in the second minute we wouldnt have spend another 3 minutes try to get it their half.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Totally agree- get Steele and Van Hecke in next game. We deserved nothing. That’s how I expected us to play from the start of the season. Totally out battled tonight. Players were shot from minute one.

Ok Steele should be nowhere near a premier league team ever. Sanchez is a fantastic shot stopper but he still loses his head very easily - it's why opposition crowd him on corners all the time

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought Mac Allister played well all game and Mitoma and Lamptey gave them something to think about before our comedy of errors in injury time let them wind the clock down with ease. Some absolute shockers from some of the others though.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
No striker certainly wasn't a good move tonight. Not sure if that was a statement about needing another forward or not but it did highlight the utter mess we will be in if Welbeck gets crocked

GP picked a team to win and if we had of won 1-0 with no striker we would of being called him a genius again

He has enough credit in the bank to have a off night and it makes me laugh we win and not many post on match thread we lose our first game of the season to a team that took a point off Liverpool and were very unlucky against Arsenal and it’s a melt down on here with some ( not you )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn’t quite go large ..but enough that I can the heating on for an hour…saving that for Xmas Day :whistle:

A small comfort, it’ll keep our prepaid elec meter going til lunchtime tomorrow.

0F21CD1B-D165-40B5-B434-EF612749E6BE.png

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty horrible performance . Fulham played it brilliantly though

Better once subs came on but Fulham got it back together

Wrong team selection at the start . Very rarely had control of that and we looked ragged - not us at all .

Frustrating night

Bounce back Saturday

Need a striker !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here