Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10367563 said:
I thought the game was crying out for Alzate, he's very calm on the ball, always seems to find space and can wriggle out of tight situations most of the time. I would have swapped him for Mwepu at halftime.

It was crying out for a centre forward the ball kept coming back, Trossard looked completely lost in that position. Potter got it all wrong. Caceido played well kept looking forward and had no one to pass to it was a mess.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think GP simply misjudged the opposition and thought he could win with the team and formation, and you could say at half time, he probably thought we can push on and a few timely substitutes could win, however when Fulham went 1-0 & quickly 2-0 he was forced to act and I think caught on the hop, and it simply did not work out, that and probably the worst defensive performance I have seen by the Albion for a long time, wayward passing, Sanchez flapping, it was quite frankly a shit show at the back, having said that we could have equalised with just a bit more quality in and around the box. I think it was a below par performance by everyone from top to botttom.

But it happens, and did we get thrashed, no, and we are already a 1/4 of the way to safety (which is still my first worry) and hopefully a signing or two must just cheer us up before the weekend.

Chin up fellas.

On the way back to the station I was talking to another Brighton fan saying the same as you. I believe Potter was hoping to keep it tight into the second half and then change it up to take the initiative, it didn't happen but after the penalty we did have a period of play we could have got something.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10367563 said:
I thought the game was crying out for Alzate, he's very calm on the ball, always seems to find space and can wriggle out of tight situations most of the time. I would have swapped him for Mwepu at halftime.

Yes, I can buy into that. I'm hoping that Steve gets his opportunity to grab some game time soon as I think there's a superb player there, and it would be good if he reaches his potential with us rather than a rival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here