Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm not just ecstatic that we won, I'm hoping to enjoy some respite from those on here trying to push CH out of the door. Guess they'll be in hiding .....until we lose! :shrug:

Top buying this year, and Zamora,Ward and Harper awaiting the call. Now I'm heading for my Bootleg Stash! So there might well be worse than usual posts later. :blush:

....not sure they'll quite match HiTonys recent alcoholic ramblings though :rolleyes:

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Been out all day just found out the score! How was the new CB any good?

Solid start, looked calm made only one playing error I can recall. Stockdale had a fine game, Bruno too. Best player probably the Albion support, it was immense, almost worth watching Channel 5 for. Hemed looked fairly flatfooted until he redeemed himself, for me there were questions about Stephens. I'll be flamed here but it was a fortunate 3 points, we bossed the first half hour but last ten minutes 'til the pen we were hanging on for the point. Still, nice that we're doing to others what has all too often been done to us!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd much rather a 23 year old experienced and goal-scoring Centre Back over £5m and a hole in our defence.
It really depends how the finances are looking. If we need to sell Dunk in order to bring in another winger and another forward of some kind (plus Dunk replacement), then it could be worth selling. If we can bring those in without selling though (but finding a new home for Colunga and another), then I'd rather we keep him, as the few wouldn't be needed.

He can defend, he can play the ball out, and he can score goals, so we can't really replace him, IMO.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Solid start, looked calm made only one playing error I can recall. Stockdale had a fine game, Bruno too. Best player probably the Albion support, it was immense, almost worth watching Channel 5 for. Hemed looked fairly flatfooted until he redeemed himself, for me there were questions about Stephens. I'll be flamed here but it was a fortunate 3 points, we bossed the first half hour but last ten minutes 'til the pen we were hanging on for the point. Still, nice that we're doing to others what has all too often been done to us!

Stephens has apparently been ill for a portion of the week so maybe that had an effect; otherwise cheers

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Uwe looked good with the ball at his feet. Tackled well. But lost the majority of headers which was a shame. He and GG didn't work well enough together and we have them too much space.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Uwe looked good with the ball at his feet. Tackled well. But lost the majority of headers which was a shame. He and GG didn't work well enough together and we have them too much space.

To be fair a partnership is hard to build in a couple of days

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Would say we only let them have space in the second half when Fulham finally realised they had an extra man in midfield and Ohara started playing as a quarter back.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't wait to see someone talk through the ten seconds of highlights in front of a studio audience on Channel 5 later.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I am told that we were very good in the 1st half and had to hang in there for the 2nd and the best player on the field by a long way was Jamie O'Hara.

He got on the ball a lot, but he was not the best player 'by a long way'.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was that you [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] on the phone in?

Good work if it was :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

http://www.theguardian.com/football/championship/table

Brentford are leading scorers and a few clubs have not conceded.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958451/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Fulham-Brighton

Bruno was scored as MOM (after poor scores last season). Jamie O'Hara had more of the ball than any other player.

My take from the radio commentary that Kit Symonds set the Fulham team up with two wingers in the first half and this did not work with both team playing 4-4-2 but Albion playing narrower. When wide man Pringle was taken off and Fulham could compete more for the ball and enjoyed better of the play after an hour to the end of the game. Early on we seemed to shoot long range too often. Even in the first half Fulham had two goal attempts inside the penalty area compared to one (the goal) from the Albion. I think we should try and bit cleverer and try and work a goal instead of shooting from long range.

Matt Smith won 9 headers which is a very high total. Albion had 10 corners (taken by lots of different players) which is high for an away team.

Passing was recorded as 77% - 78% from both sides with only Gordon Greer letting the Albion down (if the records are to be believed?).

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
http://www.theguardian.com/football/championship/table

Brentford are leading scorers and a few clubs have not conceded.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958451/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Fulham-Brighton

Bruno was scored as MOM (after poor scores last season). Jamie O'Hara had more of the ball than any other player.

My take from the radio commentary that Kit Symonds set the Fulham team up with two wingers in the first half and this did not work with both team playing 4-4-2 but Albion playing narrower. When wide man Pringle was taken off and Fulham could compete more for the ball and enjoyed better of the play after an hour to the end of the game. Early on we seemed to shoot long range too often. Even in the first half Fulham had two goal attempts inside the penalty area compared to one (the goal) from the Albion. I think we should try and bit cleverer and try and work a goal instead of shooting from long range.

Matt Smith won 9 headers which is a very high total. Albion had 10 corners (taken by lots of different players) which is high for an away team.

Passing was recorded as 77% - 78% from both sides with only Gordon Greer letting the Albion down (if the records are to be believed?).
Fulham played 4 central midfielders, they played narrow.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fulham played 4 central midfielders, they played narrow.

OK. Not what Warren Aspinall said.

Stats say that O'Hara had as much of the ball as the other three midfielders for Fulham.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Can't wait to see someone talk through the ten seconds of highlights in front of a studio audience on Channel 5 later.

:lol: Did it happen? I couldn't be arsed, I'll wait for sky. It's a bloody crying shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here