Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuckers

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
So sorry to hear that Bozza. You are certainly holding the bad luck baton at the moment.

If you're looking for something to cheer you up - I am pleased to announce the (accepted) resignation of the waste of space we know as Mitch this morning. Good news all round, and maybe an opportunity arising...?!?!?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Sorry to hear this Bozza, and despite what little difference it'll have, you have my sympathies.

Here's hoping they catch the ****s. Quickly.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
ouch.

was this done then in the short time whilst in the shower?

my girlfriend's with me and she thinks you didn't lock the locker,as happens with girls at her gym.Tell us you did.

Not in the same league, I know.

But I've just caught an old lady - 70 years old at least - scrumping gooseberries from the front garden. She'd driven out specially, and her excuse was that "nobody else has been picking them".

Old people today!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

But I've just caught an old lady - 70 years old at least - scrumping gooseberries from the front garden. She'd driven out specially, and her excuse was that "nobody else has been picking them".

Old people today!

Make sure you tell her parents

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell said:

Old people today!

That's so unbelievable it's actually, well, believable... What exactly did you say to the old bat? I'd probably be speechless...

Strangely enough, it was a very similar conversation to the one I once had with a couple of sixteen year old lads who were in the process of nicking my car (a clapped out old mini).

Me:- Excuse me, what do you think you are doing?
Old Lady:- Picking these gooseberries.
Me:- But they're my gooseberries.

Me:- Excuse me, what do you think you are doing?
Young Lads:- Just trying to get this car started.
Me:- But it's my car.

When push comes to shove, I've never managed the Bash-'Em-Over-The-Head-With-An-Iron-Bar approach.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sympathy Bozza, I agree that castration with a blunt and rusty razor is too good for these scum.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My mate got his BMW stoved in when he was parked in horsham leasure centre and when he reported it they said the cctv must have been pointing the wrong way as they could not see anything,waste of time.

if you tell the police about this they will 'go through the motions'and treat it as petty crime.thats what its come to im afraid.:nono: :nono: :nono:

BRIGHT ON Q said:
if you tell the police about this they will 'go through the motions'and treat it as petty crime.thats what its come to im afraid.

Nicking a nice looking car is rarely petty crime. It's far more likely to be well organised.

Take a look in Exchange and Mart. The chances are you can find your car for sale - at a really attractive price.

Although sometimes the ad is placed in the week prior to the theft. They find a buyer and then go looking for the vehicle. If that's the case, the new "owner" will already have taken delivery.

If they were looking specifically for a vehicle just like Bozza's, they will probably have followed him into the gym as he arrived.

The good news about that particular version of car theft is that it is rarely followed up by a house break in. That's just too risky.

Good luck, anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for the many posts on here, PMs and emails.

No surprise visitors last night and it took 30 minutes and £197 to have the locks changed today. My home is an impregnable (sp?) castle once again.

The thing that pisses me off now is the whole inconvenience factor - the household is down to one car and with two jobs and a baby that needs to get to creche - we are stuffed. A word to the wise: might want to think twice about insuring with elephant.co.uk - their policies do not include car hire provision should you be without your car. I've got no idea how long it will take for the insurers to decide my car will not be recovered and then pay up, but I'm guessing their valuation of it will differ dramatically to the real world, and I will not be able to buy similar.

Also what hurts are the sunglasses that were my first fathers' day gift and the electronic images of my daughter on the laptop that will be forever lost.

Shit happens, eh? No-one was hurt and that's the main thing.

Bandwidth Bill

Jul 11, 2003
Yeah, like you say Bozza, nobody got hurt & in the end it's just stuff that got taken. Sure it's bloody inconvenient, but Your little un's OK, you're OK, and everything else is (presumably) insured or otherwise sorted. Victimless crime one might say. Don't make it any less mean, just inconvenient & not what you expect when you go to the gym. Take care, put it down to experience or more likely just plain bad luck * get on with getting on.

& In the wee small hours, when your mind's wrestling with a thousand lifestyle choices and actions taken and opportunities missed, just think on this: I Must Sort Out Tom Hark's NSC Account... :clap2:

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
If you're hit in the pocket, especially if you've got a nipper, it's never victimless.
No physical damage to anyone is the point we all agree on, I'm sure. Have you any chance of monetary reimbursement from the gym, Bozza?
Or is it the "at users risk" policy?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Sounds like the ultimate nightmare boz and no doubt these tossers where watch you all along.
Hope those little fu-k wits get done!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
None at all - didn't expect any. I'll give them a call tomorrow because I am interested in what they got from the gym's CCTV before I write to the gym about all of this.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bozza said:
None at all - didn't expect any. I'll give them a call tomorrow because I am interested in what they got from the gym's CCTV before I write to the gym about all of this.

As for CCTV ......

couple of years ago, my wife had her bag stolen from work, and one of the "transactions" done on her behalf was to withdraw £200 cash from the building society, using her card. No pin number, they walked in and did it. Hurrah, we thought, they have a camera, we'll see it and will probably know the person - likely to be someone she works with.

"Sorry, we only switch it on when someone suspicious looking walks in". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flameboun :shit:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Hurrah, we thought, they have a camera, we'll see it and will probably know the person - likely to be someone she works with.

"Sorry, we only switch it on when someone suspicious looking walks in". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the f***?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here