Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frogy in goal at Shrewsbury

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The term Frog was actually coined by the Parisians and they called people who lived in a certain part of the outskirts of Paris frogs because they lived on land that was orginally boggy marshes where frogs lived. Fact.

Of course it is now used as a racist term for all french people.

gerbil said:
look mate you don't know me but every time I happen to put anything on here you resort to calling me names,slagging me off etc.

If you've got nothing to say JUST SHUT THE f*** UP I'm sure you'll have other chances to boost your post count elsewhere so you'll be properly ingratiated with the NSC great and good

Well gerbil "mate", a post like that does deserve an answer. You should be clear on one thing, I was not abusive towards you in order to boost my post count. Thats what the word association game is for I believe. It was actually to highlight the fact that you are an ignorant, narrow-minded little twat who seems to think it's reasonable to bring terms like "****** language" onto public forums in a pathetic attempt at humour. At least I hope it was some kind of unfunny joke and not evidence of an outrightly racist mind set.
If someone is racist, whether it be on here or in person, I will take offence and react with the contempt it deserves. Please don't expect an apology.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is a quite fundermental difference between the inference of the word 'frog' and the word '******'.

The use of 'frog' whilst disparaging is not in the same context as the word '******' because it doesn't eminate from many years of enslavement, bestial behaviour and murder by virtue of having a different coloured skin.

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Blimey, and i thought my college was rubbish!!!

:lolol:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Scotty M
i am - and i got a b in my as

suprisingly, that word has never come up. in fact, i dont think ive ever heard of it in my 12 years of education
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Bracknell said:
Bloody hell!

That is really shocking.

Do they not study any satriical works these days?

Gulliver's Travels for example? Did you never read / study Gulliver's Travels Scotty?

But they did miss the headline opportunity at the Argus pointed out by someone in another thread - Florent's Night In Goal.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Henderson is good keeper to have on board as an understudy hopefully the french guy can be our number 1 untill the fdm gets back.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see Siants have loaned out one of their keepers. That would tend to indicate that Mr Blaney won't be coming here.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Lokki 7 said:
Well gerbil "mate", a post like that does deserve an answer. You should be clear on one thing, I was not abusive towards you in order to boost my post count. Thats what the word association game is for I believe. It was actually to highlight the fact that you are an ignorant, narrow-minded little twat who seems to think it's reasonable to bring terms like "****** language" onto public forums in a pathetic attempt at humour. At least I hope it was some kind of unfunny joke and not evidence of an outrightly racist mind set.
If someone is racist, whether it be on here or in person, I will take offence and react with the contempt it deserves. Please don't expect an apology.

So the person that initially said the word ****** in his post was slagged off and called a prick by you was he?

No I didn't think so.

Like I said you don't know me so keep your opinions to yourself as to whether I'm narrow minded, ignorant or whatever.

For what it's worth even though I don't know you and have no real wish to you come across as 1 of the biggest twats on this board.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
Do they not study any satriical works these days?

Gulliver's Travels for example? Did you never read / study Gulliver's Travels Scotty?

we do not - i think that is more likely to be found in english literature, and i take english language, which is more about original writing and the way our language has developed. but seeing as half of the people on here know what it means, i have to say i am baffled as to the fact that we've never been taught it

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Scotty M said:
we do not - i think that is more likely to be found in english literature, and i take english language, which is more about original writing and the way our language has developed. but seeing as half of the people on here know what it means, i have to say i am baffled as to the fact that we've never been taught it

Ah fairy nuff - i learned it doing english literature!

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
ManOnTheRun said:
:down:

Does anyone else find this admission utterly depressing ...?

And they try and tell us that exams aren't getting easier.

It's not as if we had vocabulary tests for our AS levels :lolol:

But yes, an English student like Scotty M should know fancy words :p

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what is the difference between calling a french person a frog and calling others jocks, paddys, taffs, aussies

sorry if im being narrow minded or something, just interested to know

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Berty_G said:
It's not as if we had vocabulary tests for our AS levels :lolol:

But yes, an English student like Scotty M should know fancy words :p

I'd hardly say that 'satire' is a fancy word ...

Now Palaver, that is fancy

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ManOnTheRun said:
I'd hardly say that 'satire' is a fancy word ...

Now Palaver, that is fancy

and i know what that means:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here