Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frogy in goal at Shrewsbury

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
There was no need for that!

And for what it's worth, i don't have a problem with you calling you the keeper a 'Frogy', but it was bloody obvious that someone would!

i appologise

what is wrong with calling the keeper a frog?

bhaexpress said:
You little tinker you. :lol:

If there is one argument guaranteed to start a good argument on here , it is the "free speech" one. :)

I am still interested why one word and one word only appears to be censored on here - I hadn't realised until I cut and pasted the definition of Safeway's mot de jour and it appeared as !!!!. Not a word I use on here and as others seem to be able to post it at will, I hadn't noticed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The word to which you refer does cause dismay to the growing number of female posters here and at the end of the day does profanity show anything more than a limited vocabulary ?

Doesn't bother me over much but some it does.

bhaexpress said:
The word to which you refer does cause dismay to the growing number of female posters here and at the end of the day does profanity show anything more than a limited vocabulary ?

Doesn't bother me over much but some it does.

I understand that but surely we must have at least 1 black poster on this board - and the word in question would cause more offense to them than the banned one, you would have thought.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The Great Cornholio said:
I understand that but surely we must have at least 1 black poster on this board - and the word in question would cause more offense to them than the banned one, you would have thought.
Perhaps, like I, they would have applauded Safeway's exposure of the racist word in the thread title?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Great Cornholio said:

Yes I agree with you there, I was rather surprised by it but I do know the poster concerned slightly and I would hardly call him a racist. Slightly ill judged wording though.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Scotty M said:
i am - and i got a b in my as

suprisingly, that word has never come up. in fact, i dont think ive ever heard of it in my 12 years of education

:down:

Does anyone else find this admission utterly depressing ...?

And they try and tell us that exams aren't getting easier.

bhaexpress said:
Yes I agree with you there, I was rather surprised by it but I do know the poster concerned slightly and I would hardly call him a racist. Slightly ill judged wording though.

I don't think that at any stage I called him racist - I understand what he was doing. But I also don't think that 'Froggy' is any different from Yank, Argie, Taffy, Jock etc. But the word used is much more offensive to the people involved than the one's I have listed.

Anyway, I'm just playing devil's advocate as it doesn't bother me either way.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Scotty M said:
i am - and i got a b in my as

suprisingly, that word has never come up. in fact, i dont think ive ever heard of it in my 12 years of education

Blimey, and i thought my college was rubbish!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Blimey, and i thought my college was rubbish!!!

Well I always thought that a satire was an Asian stringed instrument, obviously my college [sic] wasn't much cop either.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Jim D said:
Because he's OUR keeper, and it's hardly a term of endearment.

yes, and i suppose that 'trolley' is one

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Shouldn't it be spelt 'froggy' anyway.

You could also have used the terms 'garlic toucher', 'picket line pro' and 'cheese eating surrender monkey' which, if he was black, could work on two levels.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
'picket line pro'

oh, i like that one. might have to be used next time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here