Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh yes.

If you don't listen to a gold medalists girl then you're a LOOSER

"Let it never be said that romance is dead................Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby."

Pickles

May 5, 2014
"Let it never be said that romance is dead................Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby."

Ruby......., please don't take your love to town.......

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think groves is a really good boxer but I'm glad he got ironed out.
His trash talking before the first fight was really disrespectful to a fighter who has fought & beaten the best in the world (except Andre ward).
He then gets a rematch that he totally deserved but then starts his trash talking again.

When Foch lost to Kessler there was no trash talk but just respect between 2 world class boxers & when Foch beat Kessler in the rematch total respect again.

I know this is a sport that is full of mind games & physiological battles plus the fact that selling a product that is between 2 people that don't like each other is easier is all part of the game but what about HUMANITY & RESPECT.

I'm not anti George groves & when he fought James Degale a few years ago I was supporting him but I just think he could have
Given Carl Froch a lot more respect before both fights.

I will admit that if there had been total respect between the boxers before these fights then there is no way they will have filled wembley stadium but so be it.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Be interesting to see groves v degale 2 now

Isn't DeGale Froch's mandatory though? Would find it hard to see DeGale allowing a world title chance go begging seeing as that's why he moved to Hearn in the first place...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Be interesting to see groves v degale 2 now

That would be a good fight,

Its funny how things turn out, 6 months ago Groves would not have entertained a rematch with degale but now groves probably wants it more than Degale does.Degale looked really good tonight & is now the mandatory challenger to Carl Froch funny how things change.

D

Deleted member 18477

That would be a good fight,

Its funny how things turn out, 6 months ago Groves would not have entertained a rematch with degale but now groves probably wants it more than Degale does.Degale looked really good tonight & is now the mandatory challenger to Carl Froch funny how things change.

And that's why we LOVE boxing!! Things can literally change in a flash!

I see Froch going to Vegas and giving up the IBF belt. Meaning DeGale v possibly Groves for the vacant IBF title at the O2? Not sure if Groves would be in line though... So might have to be DeGale v someone else first. Maybe Kessler?

Whatever happens we are going to have more great fights involving the British! With Anthony Joshua and Eubank jr as well... The future is exciting!

Where does all this leave Andre Ward? Does anyone actually want to fight him? Is his style of fighting a seller? He's the best in the super middleweight division but at the moment I'm not sure he fits the bill for our Brits...

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Unbelievable punch to end it. Just wow. Not really a big boxing fan but like so many others I dabbled back into the sport as I do on the big occasions and that punch alone was worth going out with the boys to watch it. Bloody hell of a crack!

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Ok I know i am going to get flamed for this. I am a lifelong Albion fan that was born in Nottingham and has lived all over but will always call Notts my home. Firstly I went to the fight and **** me it was 90% full of what in my non Albion supporting life (I am no jcl I went to the cup final in 83) I call Se England monkeys, ie pricks that live anywhere in the se of England have shit jobs and take shit drugs. Supporting their boy ****in George. I was offered out for a fight 3 times before the fight and had to (as the assailant said) knock some see you next Tuesday out just to defend myself. Let me just say the best man nailed this one as I knew he would, the chat on here was typical of the drivel from imbeciles at the fight. To bed now, oh Nottingham ........

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ok I know i am going to get flamed for this. I am a lifelong Albion fan that was born in Nottingham and has lived all over but will always call Notts my home. Firstly I went to the fight and **** me it was 90% full of what in my non Albion supporting life (I am no jcl I went to the cup final in 83) I call Se England monkeys, ie pricks that live anywhere in the se of England have shit jobs and take shit drugs. Supporting their boy ****in George. I was offered out for a fight 3 times before the fight and had to (as the assailant said) knock some see you next Tuesday out just to defend myself. Let me just say the best man nailed this one as I knew he would, the chat on here was typical of the drivel from imbeciles at the fight. To bed now, oh Nottingham ........

Night Ashby. Sleep well.
De La Zouch is nearer Derby ashby. :).....er Leicestershire on the A606.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just back from Wembley, no complaints the best man won, and I doubt many would have got up from that punch, then again a tiring Groves did leave himself wide open.

From what I understand Froch was on a cut of the PPV as well so could get as much as £10million for tonight, which is why I don't think we will see him again, he retires having proved his point well and truly.

As for Groves he will come again, and I still believe he can be great champion, there's no shame in even a couple of defeats at that level, look at who Lennox Lewis lost to in his two defeats!

As previous posters have said the whole thing turns on it's head with Degale now being in the box seat, Kessler maybe, but as Chris senior thinks Chris Junior can be beaten by Andre Ward at Super Middleweight could he move up for a shot at Chunky?

And Groves vs Degale still has a lot of mileage, but possibly not 80,000 paying to watch.

But as of Round 8 tonight I now owe Ernest a full English and look forward to travelling to Hove to enjoy a sit down with the great man.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Funny how your original thought is the right thought, I said Froch would win and win easier and so it was. I'm now 78/0 with my boxing predictions.

If Froch fights again then it will be in Las Vegas against Chavez, can't see him bothering with Degale as that has no attraction world wide and I doubt Froch will want another boxing lesson from Andre Ward.

Degale despite winning last night brings nothing to the table until he beats a world rated opponent and he may have to wait until Groves is ready for a Degale Groves II.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Funny how your original thought is the right thought, I said Froch would win and win easier and so it was. I'm now 78/0 with my boxing predictions.

If Froch fights again then it will be in Las Vegas against Chavez, can't see him bothering with Degale as that has no attraction world wide and I doubt Froch will want another boxing lesson from Andre Ward.

Degale despite winning last night brings nothing to the table until he beats a world rated opponent and he may have to wait until Groves is ready for a Degale Groves II.

Totally agree.
DeGale is trying to big this up, for the pay day he can only dream of, but it's so transparent.
As they stand now, Froch would destroy him. Unless DeGale can wait for Froch to near 40 years old.

Froch proved last night, against the pre-match mouth of Cockneys, Groves and the likes of Glenn McCrory, that he is great warrior and world champion. Froch did the talking in the ring, and left the hype and mind games to the sheep. Froch has blossomed late in his career, into an immense world champ.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Was a good night of boxing, although not getting the ring walks was abit of a joke.

DeGale really impressed me, Ive criticised him over the years since his Groves loss, it had seemed to get worse under Hennessy, but he really showed up last night. I was not expecting him KO Gonzales.

Groves just didn't commit himself which surprised me, he wasn't throwing combinations or using his speed, full credit to Froch he neutralised George to a degree. I thought Froch might use his jab and try box (like the second kessler fight), but I didnt think George would sit back as much as he did.

George was picking up momentum though, Froch got rid of him just in time.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Was a good night of boxing, although not getting the ring walks was abit of a joke.

DeGale really impressed me, Ive criticised him over the years since his Groves loss, it had seemed to get worse under Hennessy, but he really showed up last night. I was not expecting him KO Gonzales.

Groves just didn't commit himself which surprised me, he wasn't throwing combinations or using his speed, full credit to Froch he neutralised George to a degree. I thought Froch might use his jab and try box (like the second kessler fight), but I didnt think George would sit back as much as he did.

George was picking up momentum though, Froch got rid of him just in time.

Groves improved from a low base in the last 2 rounds, but never repeated anywhere near the power in combinations from the first fight, with Froch still so strong bullying him. Not being technical amateur boxing behind a jab, the brutality and ability of the likes of Froch in a pro fight was always a massive threat to Groves and so it proved. The anti-Froch commentary in the first fight of Jim Watt, accurately judged last night's fight throughout as Froch on top, even before the legitimate thunderbolt.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All the people that were hyping groves must be so gutted lol. Froch gave him a lesson tonight. Both great boxers.

Nope.
Froch is a very good fighter just below the rarified air of greatness, that only a very few can aspire to. Groves is decent but no more. He was disappointingly naive last night and may not have the nous to mature into a very good boxer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here