Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Froch v Groves OFFICIAL thread plus other FIGHTS*

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Be interesting to see groves v degale 2 now

But where and when and for any title?

How much did Groves miss Adam Booth last night? Maybe that's something that needs rectifying, my lad reckons that Groves has possibly done his cruciate when he got put down and his le bent right back, and that his mate told him that Groves was ahead on two scorecards at the time of the 8th round! Can anyone confirm this please?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Groves will be very disappointed in his showing when he watches that back today. Started very slowly and by the time he realised he needed to turn the tables he was far too open and Froch picked him off. Fair play to Froch he showed his years of experience last night and patiently waited for the opportunity to show his class.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

How much did Groves miss Adam Booth last night? Maybe that's something that needs rectifying, my lad reckons that Groves has possibly done his cruciate when he got put down and his le bent right back, and that his mate told him that Groves was ahead on two scorecards at the time of the 8th round! Can anyone confirm this please?

Froch retires or gives up the belt to fight Chavez in Vegas, Groves v Degale for the vacant title.

Groves was in front according to HBO by 3 rounds

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Of the three official scorecards, two had Froch ahead and one had Groves ahead.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I think, if I was GG, I would be tempted to just pay Booth whatever he wants. I love Paddy as a trainer but that performance was defensively shambolic last night. If he doesn't, and the millions - and thoughts that he couldn't beat the best - don't wane his motivation, he could become a Khan-style entertainer. He'll probably always be remembered for being involved in one of the best knock-outs ever unless he reunites with Booth and reconsiders the fundamentals.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I had Froch 5-2 up.

I suspect Froch has one or two fights left in him.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Groves improved from a low base in the last 2 rounds, but never repeated anywhere near the power in combinations from the first fight, with Froch still so strong bullying him. Not being technical amateur boxing behind a jab, the brutality and ability of the likes of Froch in a pro fight was always a massive threat to Groves and so it proved. The anti-Froch commentary in the first fight of Jim Watt, accurately judged last night's fight throughout as Froch on top, even before the legitimate thunderbolt.

I dont think Groves was doing too bad, he was probably 1 round behind but coming on strong, so Froch really KO'd at the perfect time. Jim Watt was sooooo biased, he is the worst comontator, I cant stand his calling of fights.

Agreed, who needs more Degale slagging off Froch this time instead of Groves and then failing to deliver in the ring. Froch deserves a big night in Vegas with a big pay day before a well deserved retirement

Absolutely, he was made to take the Groves fight and done the business, so IMO he deserves a big fight in Vegas. Fair play to Froch, no one can hate on him now he has done what was asked of him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Clearly the cruciate rumour was just that, just seen Groves on SSN, whilst he's got this underdog me against the World persona I think Mr Bananna is bang on, Groves is good but would he be better with a more credible and structured back up team?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What were the odds going into the fight?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Froch was favourite with Sky, odds on I think
Thanks - in a 2 horse race, of course the favourite would be odds on :)

I was just surprised that so many pundits were on the fence, I thought it was obvious that Froch would win, and wondered if the odds were close to even.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Clearly the cruciate rumour was just that, just seen Groves on SSN, whilst he's got this underdog me against the World persona I think Mr Bananna is bang on, Groves is good but would he be better with a more credible and structured back up team?

With hindsight he needed a manager to handle all the out of the ring business like the Sauerland contract and dealing with the Hearns so he could focus only on the fight.

Maybe he could go up to Light/Heavyweight and challenge Adonis Stevenson ? That would be a redemption fight

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Wow what a night. I'm slightly gutted as I had a bet with betfred in the stadium and I went for Froch in either 6 or 8 rounds and stood to make £290 and check the ticket after the fight and the dopey bar steward put me down for Grooves. Was not a happy man. I spose I should of check the ticket before I left the booth but was under the influence of Alchol. Gutted

Dec 3, 2012
With hindsight he needed a manager to handle all the out of the ring business like the Sauerland contract and dealing with the Hearns so he could focus only on the fight.

Maybe he could go up to Light/Heavyweight and challenge Adonis Stevenson ? That would be a redemption fight

I think Stevenson would blow him away. I'm not convinced he's even a big super middle.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Thanks - in a 2 horse race, of course the favourite would be odds on :)

I was just surprised that so many pundits were on the fence, I thought it was obvious that Froch would win, and wondered if the odds were close to even.

Some pundits e.g. Glenn McCrory, but many others too, said Groves would win .... obsessing about Froch's age, signs of a downward trend in his prowess, and their perception of the first fight: of Groves, never in any trouble in their opinion, robbed. I know many disagree, but regarding the first fight stoppage, I thought at the time that the power of Froch was beginning to take Groves apart ... the ref did stop it too early ... but that actually prevented the completion of Froch's work. McCrory and many others saw it more that Groves would have ridden the storm and danced his way to a 12 rounds UD. All about perceptions, so at least the conclusiveness of last night left no tedious questions and conspiracy theories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here