Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat drinking thread in association with spring is definitely on the way.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had a Toast pale ale from M&S and now an nice cold Duvel.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well today I am the very very lucky chap. I’ve been very unwell for about 8 months, but I’m slowly bouncing back. Today Mrs W has driven me to Southwold in Suffolk, beautiful sunshine as we sat outside at Adnams’ home brewery pub The Sole Bay Inn by the lighthouse. Adnams have just relaunched their 2005 summer blonde ale ‘Spindirft’, to mark their 150th anniversary, and I was fortunate to sit and sup 2 draught pints outside in the sunshine. It felt like I’m almost through this. It’s one of my all time favourite session ales, only 4% but bags of summer ale flavour. I am so bloody lucky. Happy Fridat!

I like Adnams, had a holiday in south Norfolk and found an Adnams pub and had a few Broadsides on draught, bloody gorgeous.... I hope you enjoyed those pints and can see the light at the end of the tunnel :thumbsup: Sometimes, there is NOTHING that is more wonderful than a great pint in a great location.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shiraz wine (red)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I like Adnams, had a holiday in south Norfolk and found an Adnams pub and had a few Broadsides on draught, bloody gorgeous.... I hope you enjoyed those pints and can see the light at the end of the tunnel :thumbsup: Sometimes, there is NOTHING that is more wonderful than a great pint in a great location.

Thanks Veg.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I solo killed a bottle of vodka last night and was just told that there will be 40 screaming, drunk youngsters in my house in two hours... not yet decided if I'm going to lock the door to my room and hide all night or if I'm going at it again... probably the latter, still got plenty of wine and beer.

Call me naive , but when you say so killed a bottle of vodka last night, are we taking 750ml (rest your soul) or a Lourdes holy water bottle size vodka?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Call me naive , but when you say so killed a bottle of vodka last night, are we taking 750ml (rest your soul) or a Lourdes holy water bottle size vodka?

Adult size... 750ml. Still I woke up feeling a lot better than I deserved, probably because I went easy (well, I finished my pack and couldnt find any new ones, but I pretend it was a mature decision from a grown man) on the cigarettes.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Thanks Veg.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Adult size... 750ml. Still I woke up feeling a lot better than I deserved, probably because I went easy (well, I finished my pack and couldnt find any new ones, but I pretend it was a mature decision from a grown man) on the cigarettes.

Respect to you. It took me 15 years before I could drink whisky after sharing a bottle of Glenfidich between 4 on a train from Tromso to Freiburg in 1988 👍

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Respect to you. It took me 15 years before I could drink whisky after sharing a bottle of Glenfidich between 4 on a train from Tromso to Freiburg in 1988 👍

Tromsö to Freiburg.. sounds like a decent journey.

Yeah I had a similar experience with vodka as the first time I got drunk was from a devilish combination of milk and cheap Polish vodka... and it took me five or six years before I could drink it again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fizzy French wine from the champagne region.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Muscadet, and a rather nice claret (Wine Society Exhibition 2014, from Ch Beaumont) round these parts
Mussels and cheese to eat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheeky gin martini to finish

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Treated myself to a Dog's Nose - delicious, but too many not recommended! Followed up with a more straightforward and sensible couple of G&Ts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here