[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Used to think that about Liam, then Biss.
But Moises is another level
Caicedo is the one player I really think might be irreplaceable. He’s world class and I’m sure he’ll be proving that at the very highest level soon enough. That probably won’t be with us, although I’m not ruling it out. I’m not going to sit around fretting about it. I’m simply going to enjoy the time we have together.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sorry if already mentioned - there were lots of Chelsea personnel asleep at the wheel yesterday but none more so than the guy responsible for naming the subs on the big screen. Welbeck’s introduction was stated as Gakpo! Any halfwit would know that Gakpo wouldn’t get in our squad.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Good to hear... I haven't been to Stamford Bridge since the 80s, and in those days it really was a trip into bandit country. Interesting that you mention a queue for the tube... makes me laugh that so many Albion fans think they should be able to get on a train immediately at Falmer...
I was in a 'Chelsea only' pub before the game. 5 lads came over to share my table and we talked football and they immediately realised I was a Brighton fan. They said they were very impressed with Brighton, thought we would win and one said we were his second team. After the game one of theirs came up to shake my hand and said he was very impressed with my team.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry if already mentioned - there were lots of Chelsea personnel asleep at the wheel yesterday but none more so than the guy responsible for naming the subs on the big screen. Welbeck’s introduction was stated as Gakpo! Any halfwit would know that Gakpo wouldn’t get in our squad.
Sky highlights introduced our German as Christian Gross

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Me too. He was gonna be so good

Didnt he pay a fortune to some bloke who talks to God and now he is cured after rolling around on the floor for a bit?

Wonder if he can start Sunday?

:moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just a side observation, having watched the game again. Our players are seriously good at controlling a long pass (and at spotting and playing it too). It's incredibly rare that they lose control and seem to bring the ball under control with ease. Astonishing.
True, I still haven't got used to watching a long pass brought under instant control and the player then running with the ball at the defence (particularly Mitoma) I still have in my head as I watch that the ball is going to bounce a few yards in front of the player as he tries to control it, and probably lose it. Decades of exactly that happening is ingrained in my brain.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Full match replay available here:

This is something I wish the Albion would do, as well as their current highlights packages.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wrong thread!

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Full match replay available here:

This is something I wish the Albion would do, as well as their current highlights packages.
That was absolutely excellent, made my day seeing that all again. Thanks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
True, I still haven't got used to watching a long pass brought under instant control and the player then running with the ball at the defence (particularly Mitoma) I still have in my head as I watch that the ball is going to bounce a few yards in front of the player as he tries to control it, and probably lose it. Decades of exactly that happening is ingrained in my brain.
Our defenders are better at it than just about any in the league as well.......

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The gift that keeps on giving.

1681760218423.png

Who could they possibly be talking about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports