Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
flchelsea-png.159627
134297-39f6512e6e3b71ea26a0c094f44221c2.jpg

Frank Lampard’s Chelsea v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
Stamford Bridge
Date: Saturday 15th April 2023
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Dan Cook

TEAM NEWS

Chelsea defender Kalidou Koulibaly has been ruled out with the hamstring injury he suffered against Real Madrid.

Mason Mount could feature in the Premier League for the first time since the end of February after coming on as a substitute at the Bernabeu.

Brighton will be without on-loan defender Levi Colwill, who is ineligible against his parent club.

Tariq Lamptey is likely to be out for another couple of weeks with a knee problem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Chelsea have never lost a home league game against Brighton and Hove Albion, conceding just once in seven previous meetings at Stamford Bridge (W5, D2).
  • Three of the last four meetings have ended in a draw.
  • Brighton's 4-1 victory in the reverse fixture was their first-ever league win over Chelsea in 15 attempts (D4, L10).
Frank Lampard’s Chelsea
  • Chelsea are winless in their last four league games and have failed to score in four matches in all competitions.
  • Their failure to score in their last three league matches comes despite them having 52 shots with an expected goals total of 5.5.
  • They could fail to score in a fourth consecutive league match for the first time since 2007.
  • Chelsea have won only one of their 14 Premier League matches this season against teams in the top half of the table.
Albion
  • Brighton's loss at Spurs last time out ended a run of five games without defeat.
  • The Seagulls could suffer back-to-back league defeats for just the second time this season.
  • Roberto de Zerbi's side have lost just two of their last 12 Premier League games (W6, D4).
  • Three of Evan Ferguson's four Premier League goals for Brighton have come away from home.

Roberto De Zerbi's Frank Lampard’s Chelsea Press Conference

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still finding it very hard to muster enthusiasm for this game after last week. Can't believe its been a week and I still feel so pissed off about it. No VAR f***-ups and a well-won 3 points today please to set us back on track and to finally let go of last week's injustices 🙏

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Guardian Football Weekly believe the 11 players of Chelsea don't stand a chance against Brighton's team.
Esp with the differential on the touchline.

Hardly worth going now. ☹️

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Still finding it very hard to muster enthusiasm for this game after last week. Can't believe its been a week and I still feel so pissed off about it. No VAR f***-ups and a well-won 3 points today please to set us back on track and to finally let go of last week's injustices 🙏
This. Boss is a spuds fan, this week has been crap. Need my mojo back.

A couple of pints will probably do it though.

Come on!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Replay of last week?
Side in shocking form somehow flukes it while being largely outplayed?
Not feeling confident

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Can’t say that i have confidence in VAR generally and less so today when given who is overseeing it.

Still, I will enjoy a nice day out in West London, I am sure…🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Come let’s progress to the next round

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Oh come on…. This is our best chance ever of beating Chelsea at their place. A lot of the needle has gone from the fixture now that Potter has gone, but it would be great to win up there.
We can do this, so then lads 3 points please ,,, anyway anyhow I don’t care. .
If the ball runs for us and officials give us a fair break …. Victory can be ours! Maybe . :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the level of scrutiny likely on officials and VAR today, are we going to see a very picky ref who blows for everything or one who plays the advantage and tries to keep the game flowing? I bet this is a game that very few refs would choose to oversee. lots of pressure. Shame Mike Dean has retired, he’d have loved being centre stage for this one :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The Guardian Football Weekly believe the 11 players of Chelsea don't stand a chance against Brighton's team.
Esp with the differential on the touchline.

Hardly worth going now. ☹️
Re that last sentence, is this referring to quality of manager?

Is RDZ not serving a touchline ban for his red last week?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hard to write anything without getting a ban so, Chelsea have no chance of Europe next season and no results 'going their way' can swing that. So don't expect any apologies will be due next week. Oh, and Speckled Hen at the bar as well. When you can't get Harveys this will go done well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here