Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Franck Haise - Lens manager

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Haise guided Lens to promotion in 2020 as a caretaker before being handed the role permanently. They are two points off Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1 having gone seven matches unbeaten so far this season."

Another name we are being linked too...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Although papers acting like they know the shortlist are still misunderstanding this club. That will never be public knowledge. The Athletic reported a four man list over the weekend - Knutsen, Cooper, Martin, Jones. Lols.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
"Haise guided Lens to promotion in 2020 as a caretaker before being handed the role permanently. They are two points off Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1 having gone seven matches unbeaten so far this season."

Another name we are being linked too...

But does he speak good English?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would love this to happen. Amazing manager.

Lens are a pretty big club though. Get 37k average attendances.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Every Manager looking for a pay rise or contract extension at their current club will be clamouring to be 'linked' to us...

Yes, I'm a cynical bugger....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can’t see this one happening, he’d have plenty of willing pupils in our squad if he joined mind you

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Interesting article that one from The Guardian. Seem to be lots of parallels to our situation with the manager improving the team whilst losing three of their top players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought we always had a plan B... :shrug:

I'm sure there's always a list of candidates but I imagine they want to interview those candidates before making a decision - hard to do the interviewing when there's already a coach in charge.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm sure there's always a list of candidates but I imagine they want to interview those candidates before making a decision - hard to do the interviewing when there's already a coach in charge.

Not to mention a breach of employment law!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It seems a real shame that, purely because Chelsea are twunts, we may now have to upset the applecart at a club abroad to bring in the right person. It would have been so much better for everyone for all this to take place in the summer when there's time for all concerned to adapt to the change in circumstances. I do wonder whether we'll actually end up with our 3rd or 4th choice because of the timing and clubs understandably playing hardball.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011

Yea, well, bollocks to the list of candidates, we should have about a list of one that we want.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
All the eggs in one basket? Dunno...

Why not? Apparently we have scouts all over the world, from the depths of Croydon to the heights of the bleeding Himalayas.
Sureley we have ONE bloke in our sights?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It seems a real shame that, purely because Chelsea are twunts, we may now have to upset the applecart at a club abroad to bring in the right person.

Yes, that's something that doesn't sit well with me either. Still, as we keep being reminded, "it's business", "people must be allowed to further their careers", "managers come and go and it's just the way it is" ... etc.

He sounds great and if he's considered the right man by our club hierarchy that's good enough for me. I wouldn't blame Lens fans for hating us though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yea, well, bollocks to the list of candidates, we should have about a list of one that we want.

We absolutely will have a number one target but they still have to be keen and allowed to talk to us, interview well, and be affordable. It's a process. And absolutely no harm in talking to, say, Di Zerbi even if he was originally way down the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here