Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fozzie

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My memory thinks it was called Fozzie's, with the location in the old building - which is reminiscent of a church - along/up from the Imperial Arcade entrance.

EDIT: added photo
View attachment 164960
I know he used to go to Sloopy's, which may be the same building and, in fact, was not so fondly remembered for having a piss on the dance floor one night. He may have bought it and turned it into Fozzie's.? I'm sure there's some old timers from the late 70's to mid 80's who will know

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I was fortunate enough to see Fozzie in his second spell with the Albion.

As a defender you can learn a lot from trying to think 'What would Steve Foster do?'
He would kick you - very hard.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s why Nobby Horton was Nobby Horton. Because of Nobby Lawton.
Saw them both - the Horton variety is still my all time favourite Albion player.
And me Nobby.
We had a flag …….. bionic Nob didn’t we ?

Jul 7, 2003
the Horton variety is still my all time favourite Albion player.
@Questions and I were talking a couple of weeks ago about which players from that promotion team would make it in our current side. We both agreed that Nobby would probably have worked really well in the midfield as he was not only a great tackler but a much better passer than people gave him credit for.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Fozzie was a half-time guest on Saturday with Nobby (if you don't know who I mean ask an older fan), would not have recognised him, looked so different. Stadium sound system is rubbish so struggled to hear his interview but seemed a bit confused & Nobby put his hand on his back to guide him off. Is he another very sad victim of damage caused by heading the ball? Anyone heard anything?
Why do you have to be so patronising re Nobby Horton ? Not necessary to brag about how long you've been a supporter.......want me to name drop re players in the '60's ?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
@Questions and I were talking a couple of weeks ago about which players from that promotion team would make it in our current side. We both agreed that Nobby would probably have worked really well in the midfield as he was not only a great tackler but a much better passer than people gave him credit for.
He was such a great leader and motivator too - maybe not needed so much these days
But a guaranteed six to ten penalties 100% success on top of the other stuff
Definitely our most important player in that promotion team. And that’s amazing considering Wardy and Lawrenson’s brilliance

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Do we have any patrons of Fozzie's former nightclub near the Clock Tower?
Not there but me and a couple of mates had a great night in the Brighton Belle back in the late 80s when we bumped into our hero Fozzie on the dance floor. Which was easy to do as it was about the size of a postage stamp.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I had a chat with him on twitter a few months ago (ooh look at me) and he described himself as a box to box midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here