Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fozzie

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I was fortunate enough to see Fozzie in his second spell with the Albion.

As a defender you can learn a lot from trying to think 'What would Steve Foster do?'

Yes his second spell also coincided with the start of my love affair with the Albion. Though his body was held together by pieces of string and sticky tape by then, he was just head and shoulders above anyone else when he was on the pitch. Loved him, and modelled my career as a centre half in the late '90's in Mid-Sussex division five on him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A great leader on the pitch though not just here but would have been at Villa , Luton and Pompey

For those not old enough to have been around just think of him as the Lewis Dunk of his day
Hmmm up to a point, Dunky has a few more facets to his game though, certainly better on the deck.

Football has moved on a pace since Fozzie's day.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The sound system is and always has been awful I was hoping it might be better high in the west as my new seat is directly under a speaker and I still couldn’t hear anything. For music it’s ok but the spoken word it’s incomprehensible

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hmmm up to a point, Dunky has a few more facets to his game though, certainly better on the deck.

Football has moved on a pace since Fozzie's day.
Yes comparing today to yesteryear is very hard. George Best considered the best, I expect we have a few in our squad with similar talent as do most top team's in the EPL. Difference is the defenders and goalkeepers are so much better these days.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
One of my favourites great pro.

Well remember hearing opposition players shouting "keep it away from the headband" as they hoofed it upfield, invariably he won it.

Also recall hm against Kevin Francis (I think) 6'6" centre forward, Fozzie won every duel!

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Do we have any patrons of Fozzie's former nightclub near the Clock Tower?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Sloopy's?
My memory thinks it was called Fozzie's, with the location in the old building - which is reminiscent of a church - along/up from the Imperial Arcade entrance.

EDIT: added photo
Fozzies.png.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Saw him this afternoon walking along church road in Hove . He did look a bit older than I expected was standing next to a much younger woman and some young kids which might have been his by the way they were holding hands or grandkids perhaps .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was most probably pissed… ‘Stevie Corals’ 😂
Hope he is ok. Two my heroes out there Saturday.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Over the years Fozzie, like Sully hasn’t really been recognised by the Albion other than the odd mention in the match programme.

The coolness towards him seems to stem from his backing of Steven Purdew (Champneys) who wanted to take over the club when DK was chairman.

He seemed to be there on Saturday as an ex Luton player.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Fozzie was a half-time guest on Saturday with Nobby (if you don't know who I mean ask an older fan), would not have recognised him, looked so different. Stadium sound system is rubbish so struggled to hear his interview but seemed a bit confused & Nobby put his hand on his back to guide him off. Is he another very sad victim of damage caused by heading the ball? Anyone heard anything?
Heard Nobby loud and clear but not Fozzie, so not the sound system fault imo, I also thought he seemed a bit distant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here