Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four of the top six still to play...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We are the hardest team to beat in the division, but we're also one of the lowest scorers in the top half of the division. Our fate will be decided purely by our strikers.

This old one again! Middlesboro, who everyone seemed to think were certs for promotion a couple of weeks ago have actually scored one goal LESS than us!

Our fate will be decided by the whole team playing well, and not giving away silly goals...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, a lot to be decided at the Amex but just as much, if not more away from home. Of our remaining away fixtures, there are only 2 against teams challenging near the top (Brum and Boro). Got to be looking at winning at least 5 out of the remaining 8 away games I reckon, starting on Saturday.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes, a lot to be decided at the Amex but just as much, if not more away from home. Of our remaining away fixtures, there are only 2 against teams challenging near the top (Brum and Boro). Got to be looking at winning at least 5 out of the remaining 8 away games I reckon, starting on Saturday.

This. It's fine drawing away against be likes of Hull but weaker teams must be put away by a club looking for an automatic place. We've got nothing to fear on our travels until the final game of the season. Add that to potential home wins against Massive, Burnley & Derby & we're looking very good.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
...and three of them at home.

8/3 Albion v Sheff Wed :lolol:
2/4 Albion v Burnley
30/4 Albion v Derby
7/5 Boro v Albion

A lot to be decided at the Amex.

I do hope its all decided before we have to go to Boro,... thats a tricky fixture for sure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Preston and Forest are going to be incredibly tricky as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This old one again! Middlesboro, who everyone seemed to think were certs for promotion a couple of weeks ago have actually scored one goal LESS than us!

Our fate will be decided by the whole team playing well, and not giving away silly goals...

We're joint 7th when it comes to goals scored, so not even in a play-off position on that front. We've hit the woodwork plenty of times and missed plenty of good chances. If we are to get promoted the likes of Hemed and Baldock will have to do better, or else we bring in a loan that can do what they can't.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We're joint 7th when it comes to goals scored, so not even in a play-off position on that front. We've hit the woodwork plenty of times and missed plenty of good chances. If we are to get promoted the likes of Hemed and Baldock will have to do better, or else we bring in a loan that can do what they can't.

But why is it always about goals scored? As said previously, we have scored only 1 goal fewer than Middlesboro, but conceded FOURTEEN more! - I know for me where that appears to indicate the problem area is...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
For a holistic view of the games each contender has to play against each other:

Boro

18/03 Hull H
19/04 Burnley A
7/05 Brighton H

Hull

26/02 Sheff W H
18/03 Boro A
5/04 Derby A

Burnley

2/04 Brighton A
19/04 Boro H

Derby

5/04 Hull H
23/04 Sheff W H
30/04 Brighton A

Sheff W

26/02 Hull A
8/03 Brighton A
23/04 Derby A

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
But why is it always about goals scored? As said previously, we have scored only 1 goal fewer than Middlesboro, but conceded FOURTEEN more! - I know for me where that appears to indicate the problem area is...

We have actually scored 1 goal more than Boro.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This. It's fine drawing away against be likes of Hull but weaker teams must be put away by a club looking for an automatic place. We've got nothing to fear on our travels until the final game of the season.
'Put away' is perhaps taking the games too lightly, but we can take more risks against teams that aren't fighting for the top two places, as losing won't give our rivals 3 points. Although we only gained 1 point yesterday, we prevented Hull from getting 3, which is important if we're going to have a chance of overtaking them. So while we won't 'put away' teams, we should be taking more risks against them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do hope its all decided before we have to go to Boro,... thats a tricky fixture for sure.
We're not going to be 4 points ahead of 3rd going into that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here