Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four of the top six still to play...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not really.

How not?

Having all those clichéd 6 pointers means we have the opportunity not to rely on other results, surely?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We are the hardest team to beat in the division, but we're also one of the lowest scorers in the top half of the division. Our fate will be decided purely by our strikers.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And Wilson !

Warren made the point that we have 4 competitive choices at striker, winger, centre midfield and centre back. Throw in Bruno, Rosenior, Bong and Calde at full back.
As strong a squad as I can remember.

Warren said second best squad in the league..... Hard to argue against that assessment.

Jan 10, 2014
We've had our blip, Boro are having theirs, Derby too. Hopefully Sheff Wed and Burnley will soon have theirs. It's going to go to the wire ! Strap in, hold tight and enjoy the ride !!

You'll probably find that we had our blip in December where we lost 3 matches, which ever since we've rejigged our defence.

If you couple that with us taking two months to get going at the beginning of the season, due to new partnerships all over the pitch, then you'll understand why we are where we are.

We won't have another blip, that's guaranteed. The only concern is that we may draw too many matches to get into heaven which is the top two.

Great result for Brighton tonight, Hull are good at home.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We only have 5 wins from 18 games against teams in the top 15 of the division.

Those figures will need to improve if we are going to finish in the top 2.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Even when we were on the unbeaten run, it felt like an injury to Stephens/Kayal would be catastrophic.
Looking at the performances Crofts and Sidwell have put in, makes me believe we have the squad to take this all the way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's all about finishing higher than two of Hull, Boro & Burnley. Hopefully Boro continue to implode under the pressure of gambling with FFP and spending millions on top Championship quality. The home game against Burnley is the pivotal game for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How not?

Having all those clichéd 6 pointers means we have the opportunity not to rely on other results, surely?
If Hull & boro win their other games (with boro beating Hull) we can't catch them. It was in our hands this afternoon, right up until losing points against Hull (not that I'm unhappy with a point, just ironic of Hotchilidog to say it's in our hands the moment it stopped being in our hands).

Of course there's the play-offs, but that's always been in our hands.

PS - You sorted your data problem?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's all about finishing higher than two of Hull, Boro & Burnley. Hopefully Boro continue to implode under the pressure of gambling with FFP and spending millions on top Championship quality. The home game against Burnley is the pivotal game for me.

I'd be careful not to get caught ball watching and instead look to see who's in behind you.

Sheff Wed have made the signing of the season in Gary Hooper. We discount them at our peril I reckon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got Cardiff, Bristol, Leeds and Preston before we even play the 1st of those.

All tough fixtures, and if we get a good point haul and then beat Massive, the league table will look very good.

Onto Cardiff, let's take 3 points.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why not? Always 2 live games on last day of season.

Because the question was "How many of those will be changed to be shown live?"
It may be live on TV, but it can't be changed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If Hull & boro win their other games (with boro beating Hull) we can't catch them. It was in our hands this afternoon, right up until losing points against Hull (not that I'm unhappy with a point, just ironic of Hotchilidog to say it's in our hands the moment it stopped being in our hands).

Of course there's the play-offs, but that's always been in our hands.

PS - You sorted your data problem?

Yep, you're right. My apologies, was knee jerk happy reacting to the positive position I think those games represent, our position and tonight's result :)

P.S. What data problem?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be careful not to get caught ball watching and instead look to see who's in behind you.

Sheff Wed have made the signing of the season in Gary Hooper. We discount them at our peril I reckon.

You are quite right about Hooper - without him, Wednesday would finish outside the top six. I've a feeling we'll beat them at the Amex and that they'll also struggle against Hull, Derby and Forest away. Remember, an injury to Hooper and they're out the game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are quite right about Hooper - without him, Wednesday would finish outside the top six. I've a feeling we'll beat them at the Amex and that they'll also struggle against Hull, Derby and Forest away. Remember, an injury to Hooper and they're out the game.

Haven't they also got Forestieri?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here