Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
First time I've listened to a game for years and yes not a clue where the ball is. Sometimes it appears we're defending and then we get a corner. FFS just say where the ball is.

Same here. I have switched it off. Following on Sky Sports News

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some of us remember when the commentary on the second half on one match (out of 46) on a Saturday afternoon was all there was! JC and WA's commentary is fine - maybe those who have been used to watching every kick in a dodgy stream (or even on Sky if they've paid fr it) just need to get attuned to radio commentary.

Well yes of course, I remember sitting cuddled up to my dad listening to the like of Forest on the radio in Europe. In those days the nation stopped to listen to "our Boys" fighting for the cup.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Shame no clips of the goals. There are a few from other games on reddit, but not this game.
They were just on sky sports news. Edit: hope you can get SSN in USA.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well yes of course, I remember sitting cuddled up to my dad listening to the like of Forest on the radio in Europe. In those days the nation stopped to listen to "our Boys" fighting for the cup.

........ and beer was 17p a pint, same as a packet of 10 No.6 ..................

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is a bizarre thing but TV commentators tend to spout drivel about what everyone has just seen with their own eyes, but radio commentators fill the boring bits with banter and chit chat. You'd think it would be the other way around.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Some of us remember when the commentary on the second half on one match (out of 46) on a Saturday afternoon was all there was! JC and WA's commentary is fine - maybe those who have been used to watching every kick in a dodgy stream (or even on Sky if they've paid fr it) just need to get attuned to radio commentary.

I hear you and remember those days!

That said, I regularly listen to football commentary on 5 live while playing Football Manager and really enjoy it. 5 live commentary is superb. This isn’t. Better than nothing though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here