Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I thought ‘we’ were very quiet, hardly anything got going, most of what did was aimed at their number 3, Bernard, who seemed to have a permanent wedgie. .

It was an unusallly quiet crowd but that away end is almost impossible to get anything going in. No roof, 5 or 6 deep thinly spread. I reckon there are still some people there in the queue for some food.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Didn’t think he had a very good game. Started lively, but after that nothing he tried really came off……some poor crossing attempts in particular. Undav didn’t look 100% either, seemed to be carrying a knock 2nd half. Impressed with Ferguson and Van Hecke in particular, and Moran looked sharp when he came on. Alzate and Colwill stood out as the more composed, experienced players as you might expect.

Stewards and staff very friendly, catering poor from what I saw/had and wholly inadequate facilities for 1200 away fans.

We parked halfway up the hill and wandered to the George. Lovely pub with hot sausage rolls on sale. At around 17.45 we bought the last one. When we went back for a 2nd pint, the queue was unmanageable. Like the ground, they were geared up for 1 or 2 hundred away fans, not 1200. God help them when Pompey and Sheff Wednesday come to town.

Big shout out to the long haired bell cheese who after 40 minutes of queuing for food at the ground, couldn't make his mind up what he wanted. If i ran the world, he would be deported to the front line in the Ukraine at the very first opportunity.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Van Hecke's passing caught my eye.

He had a shocking first 10 where we gave the ball away 2 or 3 times but as soons as he settled into the game I thought he looked very composed. Colwell looks a player as well, he seemed to be playing at a different pace to everyone else because it all seemed so easy for him. Whilst he did nothing earth shatteringly brilliant he looks like one that can and will make the step up to the first team without any issues.

Aside from that, good to see Enciso trying to make things happen. Shame he couldn't get on the score sheet.

I felt a bit sorry for him. You could see it meant soooo much to him and it looked like at times he was trying too hard. Every time we had position he had his hand in the air screaming for the ball like a little kid in the playground. He's far from the finished article but you could say that about most of the youngsters but there is promise there.

Two biggest disappointments for me were Lamptey and Undav. Lamptey just looks like he is playing with zero confidence at the moment. I thought he did well when he came on against Newcastle so expected him to tear a third division full back to pieces but he didn't. Hopefully just a blip. Undav aside from scoring and missing a sitter did the square root of flip all and didn't look the faintest bit interested.

Other point of note, Ferguson looks like he's been in the gym.....A LOT!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He had a shocking first 10 where we gave the ball away 2 or 3 times but as soons as he settled into the game I thought he looked very composed. Colwell looks a player as well, he seemed to be playing at a different pace to everyone else because it all seemed so easy for him. Whilst he did nothing earth shatteringly brilliant he looks like one that can and will make the step up to the first team without any issues.

I felt a bit sorry for him. You could see it meant soooo much to him and it looked like at times he was trying too hard. Every time we had position he had his hand in the air screaming for the ball like a little kid in the playground. He's far from the finished article but you could say that about most of the youngsters but there is promise there.

Two biggest disappointments for me were Lamptey and Undav. Lamptey just looks like he is playing with zero confidence at the moment. I thought he did well when he came on against Newcastle so expected him to tear a third division full back to pieces but he didn't. Hopefully just a blip. Undav aside from scoring and missing a sitter did the square root of flip all and didn't look the faintest bit interested.

Other point of note, Ferguson looks like he's been in the gym.....A LOT!

Undav looked anything but a Potter player and he missed an absolute sitter. He looked and played a bit like Maupay but without the running off the ball.

But unfair on Lamptey, towards the end he looked more like his old self and created a bit in the first half. Signs of his pre injury form there.

Alzate (after a dodgy start) and Colwill were the 2 players who looked like they could slot into the first team if required. Encisco and Mitouma both very promising but not there yet.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Undav looked anything but a Potter player and he missed an absolute sitter. He looked and played a bit like Maupay but without the running off the ball.

A poormans Maupay is a pretty good description to be honest.

But unfair on Lamptey, towards the end he looked more like his old self and created a bit in the first half. Signs of his pre injury form there.

Maybe. Thought his passing was good but it needs to be from everyone in a Potter side. However was just disappointed he didn't look interested in taking his man on in the first half. Has he lost a bit of pace? Is he scared of putting the afterburners on full whack after his injury? I don't know. As I said thought he did well when he came on against the Geordies so perhaps an off night??

Alzate (after a dodgy start) and Colwill were the 2 players who looked like they could slot into the first team if required. Encisco and Mitouma both very promising but not there yet.

Agree on all counts there. Think Mitouma isn't far off though and has already proven with his cameo against Newcastle he could make a difference in the latter stages. Encisco I don't think we will see much of in the first team for a while yet.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
We parked halfway up the hill and wandered to the George. Lovely pub with hot sausage rolls on sale. At around 17.45 we bought the last one. When we went back for a 2nd pint, the queue was unmanageable. Like the ground, they were geared up for 1 or 2 hundred away fans, not 1200. God help them when Pompey and Sheff Wednesday come to town.

Big shout out to the long haired bell cheese who after 40 minutes of queuing for food at the ground, couldn't make his mind up what he wanted. If i ran the world, he would be deported to the front line in the Ukraine at the very first opportunity.

The George was a good find. Handy place to park on the road, nice pub with excellent local Uley Bitter. I hoped to get a famous FGR vegan pie in the ground but went hungry when I saw the queue.

As for the game, I was impressed by Ferguson and Colwill, and it was good to see Undav take his goal so well.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Undav's body language was terrible IMHO.
Alzate ran the show and Mitoma had a frustrating night.
Lamptey was decent and had more joy when he switched to the left .
Van Hecke and Colvill look very comfortable once we settled down and have pace to burn.

For them Bernard and his wedgie was very amusing and when the announced Cary Okie as mom of match instead of Cary O'Keefe,that was classic.
Otherwise a nice little ground and only 100 miles from home.
Bit of a pain in the arse getting down the hill after the game in the car but good to see some old faces at the game as well.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why is the unicorn sticking its tongue out at the lion...?

The crest is of the UK with the lion representing England and the unicorn for Scotland. It has been the crest since James I of England who was also James VI of Scotland.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Did you use the footpath behind the pub to walk to the ground?

I thought I was going to have a jammer walking up it and fall to my death coming back down after the game.

No, I copped out and took the other path that was only 1 in 4 ! It was quite dark coming back down after too.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
A decent day out all told.

We got in to Nailsworth at about half 4, found a parking spot straight away in the town centre and walked round the corner to the Village Inn, decent enough pub although the selection of cider was dissapointing. The chippy next door was also really quite good and from what I saw a fair few other Albion fans had exactly the same idea.

We then had the hill to worry about, I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was like that, I had to have a breather half the way up but got there in the end. Didn't bother with any of the refreshments once at the ground, I'd heard the facilities weren't that great and having seen the size of the food van at the end of the terrace you could tell it wasn't designed for 1200 fans.

Match was much of a muchness really, very little atmosphere due to the uncovered terracing and some of the more unsavoury characters that have been mentioned on other threads took a bit of the shine off as well. The players didn't seem to have the same level of understanding that you'd expect, if that makes sense, maybe it's the mix of youngsters and first teamers lacking minutes but it all looked a bit disjointed to my unexperienced eyes. Ferguson looked decent but that's all I can really say in terms of positives, more minutes required for some of the others.

The walk back down the hill wasn't much better than on the way up, murder on the knees, we waited for the traffic to die down a bit and I got back to Peacehaven just after 1.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here