Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green Rovers vs BHA

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
More than half sold at the mo , when you say last round do you mean today or tomorrow ?
Even if you mean tomorrow should be OK as each successive tier even though larger numbers will contain less interest . Still pretty good though .

Watching carefully can’t buy Grandsons until tomorrow 2pm as he only has a purchase history.
If it goes below 200 left I will buy ours and unfortunately he will miss out.

I have got them in my basket as someone on here mentioned that’s what some people do to get tickets for friends in lower points bands… only thing is we are getting Liverpool tickets tomorrow that might mess up the basket plan!!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Watching carefully can’t buy Grandsons until tomorrow 2pm as he only has a purchase history.

I have got them in my basket as someone on here mentioned that’s what some people do to get tickets for friends in lower points bands… only thing is we are getting Liverpool tickets tomorrow that might mess up the basket plan!!

I think the basket only holds them for 15mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

I may be wrong but i believe there is a time limit on keeping tickets in your basket . But as it is standing left at Forest Green you may as well buy yours anyway because if there is some left at purchase history buying then will still mean you can all be together .

Last edited:

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Trying to buy 2 u11’s and 2 adults but for some reason says to many tickets selected yet we’re all season ticket holders….. any ideas anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Trying to buy 2 u11’s and 2 adults but for some reason says to many tickets selected yet we’re all season ticket holders….. any ideas anyone

Have you allocated the tickets one to each season ticket holder assuming they are all on your family and friends ?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I may be wrong but i believe there is a time limit on keeping tickets in your basket . But as it is standing left at Forest Green you may as well buy yours anyway because if there is some left at purchase history buying then will still mean you can all be together .

Can’t do that as the child’s ticket must be purchased with an over 16’s ticket

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Have you allocated the tickets one to each season ticket holder assuming they are all on your family and friends ?

Yeh done that but weirdly saying have 2 many child tickets…. Think I’ll do them separate orders

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Interesting to read the thread after my initial surprise at it only being five points for the loyalty scheme. I completely understand the argument that you only want those who are going to go to buy tickets, and at a maximum of £14 you run the risk of harvesting. However, there must be a balance between stopping people harvesting points, against trying to encourage support for our team - no doubt it'll be players who get less game time and will be trying to impress and want to play in front of the biggest crowd possible with an encouraging atmosphere. I'd be interested to know... is it the same as the FA Cup in terms of gate receipts being split 50/50? If so, it seems almost offensive to the home team that we are not offering such an incentive to our fans to try and sell our share. If Wikipedia is right, the capacity of The New Lawn is 5,147. We've been given 1,224 tickets - that's nearly a quarter of their capacity!
I completely accept the argument about lower league grounds not necessarily having the scanning technology, but there must be a way. I've advocated for a while that it is a shame we don't offer loyalty points for the Papa Johns Trophy matches - I for one would be tempted to visit Charlton this season as it's a great place to watch football (maybe less so for Gillingham). Offering, say, 10 loyalty points would sway my decision to go. The crowd would still be small enough for someone to process it without too much admin cost. Whichever way you look at it, there are no perfect solutions, as some will try and cheat the system and others will have genuine reasons for buying then not attending. For example, I had a ticket last year for one of our home league cup matches. Only cost £15 and you got 15 loyalty points. Day before the match I tested positive for Covid and so didn't go. However, I still got the points and no-one questionned me about it.
The club would rightly not want to put the resources into checking the reason why everyone who bought a ticket but didn't attend. Everyone would just respond that they felt unwell on the day and that would be that. The only solution I can think of is that the club announces it is 5 loyalty points for this game, but then ticket stubs (or scanner data) are collected on the night, and another 5 additional points are awarded to those who attended. Do we think there are fans out there who will have spent £14 or £12 just to get 5 loyalty points? Again though - you run the risk of a scanner not working or someone's stub being lost - the more you think about it, the more potential slip-ups there are.
Finally, if our dreams come true and we get into Europe next season, how many loyalty points would you award for a Thursday night game in Kazakhstan? In conclusion, I applaud the club for having the loyalty scheme - I was able to get a ticket today as I was just inside the top tier. However, I hope they are more careful in future to balance the impact of preventing harvesting, with the negative feeling generated at such a measly return by fans, like me, who will be paying to get the train over to Stroud, then a 63 bus to Nailsworth, and have to stay overnight before returning the next day - as there is no other means for us fans who don't live close enough to Brighton to use the supporters' coach. Whilst the ticket is only £14, train/bus fare and B&B in Nailsworth is £150. Therefore it's actually £32 per loyalty point! Up the Albion! :)

Lost interest after about line 10…zzzzzz

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Interesting to read the thread after my initial surprise at it only being five points for the loyalty scheme. Up the Albion! :)

While i have every sympathy with your situation re travel costs etc i do understand from the clubs point of view that they do not want a repeat of the Bournemouth fiasco . Just imagine if we sold all 1200 tickets for Forest Green and then only about 400 turned up , how would that look ? You yourself came up with an idea to help the situation only to quickly point out a couple of major flaws ! Even with only 5 points on offer i am pretty sure some harvesting will still take place . I hope you will not be too discouraged and that you will enjoy the game and as you say Up the Albion !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The 1410 STH with the highest points, so less than half of the most loyal have decided to attend so far.

Surprised so many are still available……..would have thought all those that moan about away games being a closed shop would have jumped on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here