Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For which Albion goal were you in the ultimate place to watch it sail in.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Buckley's curler v Blackpool

One of the best strikes I've seen, had a great view of it half way up the North. Spanish Dave's against Palace is up there as well, was in the Southernmost block of the East for that which as a bonus gave me a hilarious view of 2000 angry Nigels :lol:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not an Albion goal sadly but I always remember an Oldham goal at the Goldstone that was miles out and pinged into the top corner, seemed to be exactly at the angle I was watching from the North. No idea what year but finished up 1-1, possibly when Sergei was around ?.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I always say that if the net wasnt there, that ball would have flown straight at me,.... but everyone who I have ever talked to about this goal, all say the same,...... it was crowded in the clock end mind.

:lolol::lolol:

Exactly what I say every week. Do you remember the scenes in the tunnel after game? Just fantastic....

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Buckley's first goal against Doncaster, first league game at the Amex. I was sitting in the east stand directly behind the line of his shot, so as soon as it left his boot i knew it was going in...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My ST seat is up high in WSU at the North stand end, the 3rd goal against Palace was just poetry in motion, watching us as a unit pulling Palace apart with ease, it was like a master on FIFA ripping it out of a beginner.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
One that sticks in my head which was against us was Sean Thornton for Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road. Think it was the game under Slade where we had something like 5 loans in the starting XI, Al Bangura being one who got sent off. Thornton scored to make it 2-1 I believe, curled it into the top corner from about 20 yards. I was right behind the line of the shot and you could see the ball bending in from the moment it left his foot.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I was right behind the goal at Chesterfield when Chris Iwelumo scored a 30-yard belter, possibly his first for us. We were stuck in the end of the stand at the side of the pitch in the first half but the stewards allowed us to go behind the goal at half time. We found a gale blowing in our faces, which possibly helped the shot to rocket into the net!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I will nominate two:

Munday's glorious one at Leicester. I was in the front row as far along to the centre as possible. Just watched it clearly as it flew over (well, more like sailed over) the keeper. QUOTE]

That would be my shout also :thumbsup:

What a fantastic goal, what a fantastic game, what a fantastic result

HAPPY (old) DAYS :wink:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
On top of the refreshments stall at Highbury for Jimmy Case's goal against sheffs weds. My best memory was at final whistle as everybody skipped out of the ground shaking my hand up high!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
One of the most stunning goals I have ever seen, Bobby vs Halifax. An absolutely sublime effort which showed everything needed from a top striker. Originally the pass from Mayo looked as I was intended for Bobby's feet, but Chris Wilder got a touch which looped it up into the air. The rest is history.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Oh gawd you got me going now Ian Chapman against Bournemouth a 35yd rocket of a shot, brought us back to 2-3 set up one of those grandstand finishes, the equaliser in injury time was always going to be a dead cert. Then of course there was Case's goal at Highbury. Bruno's vs Bolton has already been mentioned, but until a player scores to win us either the FA Cup, Premier League or Champions League the best goal I have ever seen were Store vs Doncaster and Reinalt vs Hereford

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not the best goal you have seen [MENTION=27822]MarioOrlandi[/MENTION].
It the goal you have been in the best position to see, preferably the best vantage point in the whole stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here