Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For which Albion goal were you in the ultimate place to watch it sail in.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Buckley's free kick against Peterborough in Jan 2012. I was stood at the right angle to see it swing out and back in the top corner again right in front of me. It was definitely an accident but was one of those moments that you had a sneaky suspicion something was going to come of it.

I was pretty much the mirrored angle to this behind the goal :)

http://youtu.be/Vyh0AHWOTX8

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I was right behind the goal for this stunning strike......

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Paul Clark v charlton @ 1980.....35m screamer into the northstand goal......i was side on in the nw corner ......was hooked from then on , 30k + Brighton fans going bonkers , we won 3-2.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm guessing weren't in Block B of the South Stand when Danny Cullip scored THAT goal against Chesterfield? :)
B block isn't good enough for this.
The criteria is 'the very best view in the ground'.
Irrespective if there's 2, 7000, 27,000, 50,000 or 70,000 people in the ground, you and only you had THE view of the goal.

On Tuesday, had I been sat bolt upright, looking dead straight, and you drew a line out from the centre of my face.
The first point the line would have intersected with would have been, Ulloa's foot.
The exact line of the ball, once it straightened up from my left eyes vision.

Gonna ruffle a few feathers here, as there's a lot of justifiable love for JC's goal, you can't all be in THE spot, so the winner has to be C1 for the line:-
if there hadn't been a net in the way, the ball would have hit me in the head

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Mick Robinson against Spurs at White Hart Lane in late 1981, I was right behind the goal where he scored an individual break away goal.
Remember a pissed off looking Ray Clemence picking the ball up. One nil, never did like Spurs.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
North stand right behind the goal when Terry Conner scored against Liverpool, not sure of year.
Also had a pretty good view of Gary Nelson's goal at Brentford.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Right behind Shilts in the South when Gary Williams rifled the best goal at the Goldstone, beating the best keeper to play at the Goldstone, into the top corner from 30 yards

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Right behind Shilts in the South when Gary Williams rifled the best goal at the Goldstone, beating the best keeper to play at the Goldstone, into the top corner from 30 yards

Fantastic moment that, I watched it sail in from the south side of the west stand. And Brian Clough said it was lucky. What a bad loser he was.

Yoda

English & European
Gotta go for a couple of Chippy's.

1: The free kick at White Hart Lane. I was down towards that corner of the goal and to see the ball come flying round low past the wall and beyond Paul Robinson

2: His half volley away to Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol: ) as it swerved away from Kevin Pressman to the top corner.

Also have to mention Andrew Crofts away to Southampton in Poyets first game. I was right behind the goal, level with the cross bar, and could see it all the way.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Standout for me is journeyman goal machine Michael Small curling the ball round the keeper into the bottom right corner of the north goal (possibly his first goal for the club). To this day I can replay it in detail even though I only ever saw it as it happened.

Another I recall less fondly is Nick Henry's 6,000 yarder for Oldham against us. Would have smacked me right in the boat if the goal hadn't got in the way.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Zamora´s left footed volley against Halifax at Withdean for me. The camera must have been right behind me.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
John Byrne's equalizer at Liverpool. I was right behind the left hand goal post. Perfect. Went nuts.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The 2 that stand out for me are Horton's header at that great day at Newcastle and of course the special from a certain Mr Case at Highbury. Both came straight at me and were moments when you knew they were goals before they hit the net.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clearly not a question for the Withdean Years!!!

Au contraire. Was lucky enough to be in that tiny wee stand in the corner when Lee Steele scored a last gasp headed winner v Bristol City on Easter Monday 2002 to send us finally above Reading after having pegged them back for months.
Double Championes! :albion: :albion:

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
This goal has been imprinted on my brain - the intent of the thread I think - since I saw it as a 13 year old, dead in line with the penalty spot from the old west stand right at the front wall...

We did the double over the eventual European champions, quite incredible and a very big thing in those days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq7GxAZ11ks

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Williams shoots and you don't beat Shilton from 36 yards and it's a goal! Coleman balls!
South stand - dead in line of Gary Williams screamer vs shilton and forest

South stand - to see mark Morris head against he bar and Storeeeer score

In line with zamora's chip at Bury

In a filthy tin shack to see mc Shane score at selhurst

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stuart Munday at Leicester or Dean Wilkins' free kick. I think Munday at Leicester gets my vote; it's obviously not the case, but in my version of events I was two yards away from him, and he decided to shoot as a direct result of my advice.

Had Vicente scored after that run against Derby it would have been that.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
When Zamora scored that volley against Halifax, I was almost in line with him up in H Block. Made it all the more special.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Chippys goal in the first leg against Swindon in the play offs I was behind the goal right in line with the shot as it flew into the top corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here